Original topic:

Looking At Getting New Phone

(Topic created on: 08-13-2022 09:38 AM)
karenlynn
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hi all, I am thinking about getting a new phone soon and I'm not sure which one I want. At the moment,  im using the Galaxy Note 9. I've been looking at the S22's and the Galaxy Folds.
I guess I am looking for ideas and recommendations from the community. Thank you in advance for any input I receive. 
8 Comments
Galaxy S
If you are more focus on picture quality and SPen, S22 Ultra is a good choice.

For ZFold, you can have tablet like experience. Now new fold has task bar. It looks like DeX now.
Galaxy S
And for regular camera use, the Z Flip 4 looks awesome.. and their pre order deals have some freebies. i think double the storage and samsung care+, i don't have one but i wanna have one.. hehe..
Joce1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
S 22 Ultra 👍
DangerAdam
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
My personal recommendation is the Zflip4 ..ive been using the Flip 3 5G for almost a year and I have no complaints
Axton
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we would like to inform you that Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 is launched right now.
As we know that Samsung always comes up with the latest features and updates with the latest device launches. So I would like to suggest you buy the Galaxy z fold.
We suggest you access the given link to review the features and specifications.
https://www.samsung.com/ca/smartphones/galaxy-z-fold4/
For more information please contact our Samsung Canada team through chat support. https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/contact/#onlinesupport

Chadadian52
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Hello, I have been debating over the two myself and decided on getting the S22 in the end, however the battery did not meet my expectations and returned it for the ultra. Within 2 hours the regular s22 would be down more than 30 percent. But the ultra is above my expectations and I need a recharge before my battery does now with the ultra.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Yup, I really like my S20 Ultra! Not only do I STILL get great battery life throughout the day, but it also came with the charging block & it has an external sd card!

I was REALLY hoping that Samsung would see the error in their ways, and bring back the external sd card slot with the S22 series!

Furthermore , the misguided decision to eliminate the inclusion of the said charging block from the purchase of new phones.. for "environmental reasons", when Samsung is marketing the living daylights out of accessories (Since when is the ability to charge a cell phone, an "accessory"?) on Social Media???

I've had my S20 Ultra for two years now, and my inclination, is to keep using it. I certainly don't see any compelling reasons to purchase the S22 Ultra, & while presumably Samsung has eliminated some of the issues with the Flip / Fold series with the new generation of Flip / Fold devices, I'm still reluctant to pay to be a "Tester" for Samsung's product development. 

AmeriCanuck
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Funny that I was going to post this same kind of post. I'm in the same boat as you @karenlynn. At some point, I'm finally going to be able to go ALL in on the ecosystem and purchase a flagship device and ither devices. The geek in me says to go for the Fold device because it's the latest tech, but even as the "tablet"side of it, I still feel at that size I would still need a bigger tablet or laptop at home. So I was going to get a S8+ or S7FE, or maybe even the Galaxy Book Go since it's Real cheap right now. But the expense if all rhat along with the price of the Fold made me consider just going to am S22 Ultra for less cost and still going with the other options. So, I don't know if you already have a tablet/laptop/PC, but I would consider if that 7.6 in screen of the Fold would satisfy that need of having a phone and tablet combined, especially at the price.