Original topic:

lost music

(Topic created on: 02-13-2021 04:28 PM)
piman
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Hey all,
Just did a factory reset to see if the battery could improve. I did back at first but no music came back in my samsung music app. Omg. 
19 Comments
Galaxy S
Well, have you done restore after factory reset?
piman
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
the automatic restore button was on.😔
Galaxy S
Are you using SmartSwitch to do full backup? How did you do backup? If you using Samsung account and Google account to do backup, they won't backup your data files. You have to use SmartSwitch to do full backup.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Smart Switch won't restore data for apps & certainly won't restore music for any app, not Spotify or Samsung music. 

Smart Switch is a good tool, but it only restores the apks for apps. You still need to have a network connection to complete the restore.

After I factory reset my phone, I have to download the music from Spotify again. 

Solution
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hi piman,

If you have a backup on Samsung Cloud, Then restoring your data is simple. You can transfer it to a new or different device using the Restore feature. Follow the below steps:
Open Settings >> Tap Accounts and backup >> Tap Backup and restore >> Tap Restore data, select your desired device, and then select the content you want to restore(Eg: Music, Photos, Videos, Messages, Contacts, etc.) >> Tap Next >> Tap Restore. If needed, follow the on-screen instructions to download your backup data.

Get back to us with the result.

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Neither smart switch or any cloud backup will restore the music from Spotify, your music lists will be intact, but you have to download the music tracks again. 

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Guess that you were unaware of this? 

Samsung Cloud is no longer supporting music backup, since September of 2020. So not much of a "solution" is it. 

Screenshot_20210215_140820.jpg

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You need to download the music tracks again, but your music lists should be saved. 

Azurik
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Hi ssir, Can you tell me how to access my music list?

Because in my samsung cloud there is only contact, calls, apps, and images. Music is totally empty and I'm so sad cause it was the only thing I really wanted to back up...

0 Likes