(Topic created on: 06-30-2022 02:43 PM)
computerman
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Are you able to make phone calls via samsung dex via a headset
8 Comments
Galaxy S
Yes, I did that many times. I use DeX for Windows. Connected my Buds Live with phone and dial from DeX. No problem at all.
computerman
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I am not able to do that through a headset connected via Bluetooth on my laptop.
0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Did you try with your headset connected to your phone through Bluetooth as I read it that Tallman has his buds connected with his phone and not the computer as you appear to have
Galaxy S
Yes, I connect my buds to my S22U. Not to my laptop.
0 Likes
computerman
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yes when connected to phone via Bluetooth, it works. Just wondered since I am able to play music through dex to my headset thought you could make calls also.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Yes, phone calls work too.

If your headset connect to laptop, this won't work because phone app still runnung on phone. DeX mode is just Desktop experience. Therefore, the headset should connect to phone, instead of computer.
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi computerman, did you observe any error?

0 Likes
computerman
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yes when I ring the number in dex tries to call through dex, message comes up it is calling but just sound come the phone I then put it on speaker and use my phone. One I hang up an error comes up saying in some form "call could not be completed" not exactly what it says but something to that.
0 Likes