Original topic:

(Topic created on: 02-27-2020 11:28 AM)
Gypsybling
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
So inside to be able to have custome text tones for my fave ppl now it wont show me how it doesnt even give me the option anymore.. please help
0 Likes
11 Comments
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Gypsybling,

Open messaging app and open the conversation you wish to set a custom text tone notification for.

Tap the three-dot menu icon in the top right corner of the screen>>Notification sound>>Select the tone from below list. 

Try these steps and let us know whether it helped.

Cheers,

Kinsley

0 Likes
Gypsybling
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
only problem is theres only select list to choose from and the one I have are all "ring tones" not "notification tones" 😔 I just checked my old s8 and it does it on there I guess the s10 doesnt have this option 😒 kind of a let down but I guess I'll have to figure something out
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I use Zedge for Notifications & Ringtones.
Ray1
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Download the app called Zedge ringtones and you will find just about every sound you might like
Good to have you beating me to the reply again Shaggy
Galaxy S
For now...
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Somebody needs to beat you @Ray2 bc apparently you be slacking 🤣✌️
Gypsybling
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I've used zedge for years as well I've downloaded "notifications" and they still arent even showing up as an option to choose from. and please excuse my initial msg I had my toddler crawling all over me🙃
Galaxy S
Check to see what you have as the Default Notification / Ringtones app - If it's System then you won't see Zedge as an option - Settings - Apps
Three Dot Menu Top Right - Default apps
BoxerLover
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
You will have to create a separate "Notifications" folder in the "My Files" app and move your custom tones there. Once you do that you will be able to select the notification tone of your choice. Do this process for specific "ringtones" also (separate Ringtones folder in "My Files").