Original topic:

More like iSamsung

(Topic created on: 02-18-2021 08:47 AM)
btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy S
We trust Samsung because their unique features that made them well, Samsung. Now it's just a copycat of Apple after mocking them in every ads. They have removed so many useful features that aren't even broken:
  • Iris scanner 
  • MST
  • Heart rate and SpO2 sensors 
  • 3.5mm headphone jack 
  • LED notification light
  • Edge display 
  • IR port
  • Expandable storage 
  • Wall charger for new purchases 
  • Samsung Pay Rewards and tiers
Did I miss anything? 

It doesn't matter, S21U will be my last Samsung flagship anyway after so many loyal years. 

Goodbye iSamsung. 

PS: Their "preorder" and voucher mess was not cool at all. 

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Well, it's all the more reason for me to hang on to my S20 Ultra. I use BT buds, but it's the principle. 

As for the external sd card, I very definitely use it, mostly for backups with smart switch & up to the S20 Ultra, it's always been much easier to restore your old phone to your new phone with the sd card backup.

The Notification LED removal served no purpose but to annoy people, & again, Samsung *said* that they were working on something, they never did. 

Yes there's some alternatives on the Play Store, aodNOTIFY for example but it's not as good. 

I'm just really disappointed in the direction Samsung is going.

Worst of all, what's the reason for making these regressive changes?? 

mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
I like Always On Edge(AOE) app 🤷
I'm a sim card hopper, I use many new fancy devices but my goto is the note 9 🤙✌️
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I agree 100 percent samsung has lost its edge for its price point. I've been watching the last few generations of phones and have been disappointed. I'm still on the note 9. I use to upgrade every year but is not worth it anymore. companies like Xiaomi are doing what samsung use to do. I don't understand why samsung started to cheap out and not keep its stand as the king of android.
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I think it's because samsung has a death grip on that 500% mark up give or take a little. they are removing things that you and I and many others care about that Literally cost samsung maybe a few dollars each at most to put in. but instead of just lowering the profit margin price on the top end and keep all those good and well loved features. they rather axe them on build cost which in Reality in real world cost isn't much, just to hold on to that profit margin.

it's because of this strategy that now I'm in the position of seriously thinking of what my next device will be when I upgrade from my S9+. because samsungs current lineup isn't really looking like much of a upgrade for the money. but maybe I will try to ride it out a little longer with my S9+, in hopes that samsung will get their crap together and maybe get another Purchase from me again. maybe note 21 or S22 it's looking like at this point.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

If I had the S9+ (awesome phone!), I'd probably get the S20 Ultra, right now it's the last good, ie: fairly complete Samsung phone, except for the HR sensor, for that you'd have to go to the S10+.

I've said it many times now, but there's no way in he-double hockey sticks, that I'd get the S21 Ultra! 

TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
well I thought a number of times of getting the S20+. but man, I'm shocked that samsung is still selling them for a lot of money still 💰. it's so dumb.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I haven't checked the prices, but from my experience Samsung phones don't hold their value anywhere near as much as they used to. 

vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I wouldn't get one... I think you'll be disappointed. you seem to have a mindset like mine when it comes to tech
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I hope they get their act together too.

But in all honesty, what's next on the cutting block? The data charge cable? And their reasoning would be the same as other accessories they removed... 🙄
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Yup, my next phone will not be a samsung.
0 Likes