Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Moving apps to sd card.

(Topic created on: 01-05-2022 09:10 AM)
cccpn
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I have s20 FE and if I move apps to sd card it doesn't move it fully. Lets say Call of Duty Mobile, the data still remains on the phone memory after moving to SD card.

Is this by design or any tips on how to do it correctly?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Matt52Playz
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Uhmmm... i don't reccomend moving games on SD card it will throttle the phone/game making the performance worse some light apps can be moved without penalty but game no no, also games like CODM, Genshin, MLBB have data and obb and if im right you cant move that on the sd i mean you can but it will not work (there is also obb on sd but i still dont know whats that for), also you can try on dev option very button or near the button force app to sd and that kight fix it, but again i dont reccomend moving large app specially games in sd, SD is mot designed to do that in Android (unless you have a very very premium SD like those can achieve 300mb/s) sooo goodlucck hope this help and have a nice day, you can move games that doesnt have dependancy on obb

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Comments
Solution
Matt52Playz
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Uhmmm... i don't reccomend moving games on SD card it will throttle the phone/game making the performance worse some light apps can be moved without penalty but game no no, also games like CODM, Genshin, MLBB have data and obb and if im right you cant move that on the sd i mean you can but it will not work (there is also obb on sd but i still dont know whats that for), also you can try on dev option very button or near the button force app to sd and that kight fix it, but again i dont reccomend moving large app specially games in sd, SD is mot designed to do that in Android (unless you have a very very premium SD like those can achieve 300mb/s) sooo goodlucck hope this help and have a nice day, you can move games that doesnt have dependancy on obb
0 Likes
cccpn
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thanks for the feedback. I guess not possible due to androids limitation on its newer version. By the way SD card A2 specification is designed for this kind of workload. I don't mind the extra load time. Sd card doesn't affect fps on games regardless if its on phone or sd
Matt52Playz
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I used the my SD before on apps like its a long time ago that SD is a V90 its usually ment for 4k recording and i transfered my app in there almost all btw, and for sometime it worked great and suddenly when i restarted the device it hung up apps not opening app so yeah it is usually a android limitation because i use sd on my pc for portable apps
0 Likes
TeamGalaxyDD
Options
Galaxy S

Hey cccpn, 

If you found an answer that works for you, don't forget to tap on "Accept as Solution!"

0 Likes