Original topic:

MP3 Port won't work for S7

(Topic created on: 05-03-2017 03:31 PM)
keysean45
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I have owned the S7 for about 8 month's now and all of a sudden I think around the new recent update my mp3 port won't work. I have played music off my phone for 8 months through an mp3 auxiliary cord in my car. I've tried changing chords and it still won't play. The chords work perfectly with other things as well. The funny thing is if I hook up headphones to the port they work fine for the headphones. What is going on ? I have tried a full system reboot to no avail ..... Can anyone please help or have any suggestions
0 Likes
7 Comments
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Weird how it works on with other devices and not your car it kinda makes me think it's the car that's at fault ie reciprocal is faulty...
And I know it's funny to say but why not connect via Bluetooth ... Or is your car old???
0 Likes
keysean45
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
sorry my aux chord works with other things like IPod in car.........but when I plug my phone in to listen to.music from my phone to car speakers in won't work......amd yes I have an older car lol but no reason why the aux shouldn't work......it use too.....
0 Likes
Tofu
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
if your connecting the Phone -> 3.5mm aux cable -> Car aux in, I would recommend testing each of the components seperately to see which is the problem because it sounds like one of the devices has a point of failure. When you plug in earphones into your s7, does music play back through them? Have you tried replacing the 3.5 mm aux cable, and finally have you tried connecting a different phone to your car's aux system?
0 Likes
keysean45
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
yes I've tried all those options .....its plays them all fine......just not my phone all of a sudden
0 Likes
keysean45
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
it makes a thumping noise on my car speakers when I plug in my phone.....
0 Likes
Tofu
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Is the phone on silent mode/ is media volume not muted?
If it works with standalone headphones I see no reason why it wont play via the aux cable on your car
0 Likes
wellsy
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
mine is doing the exact same thing. did u figure out how to fix it?
0 Likes