Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Multiple S22 Ultra Not Staying Connected to WiFi 6 Router

(Topic created on: 11-04-2022 11:52 AM)
Dechah
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

My partner and I each own an S22 Ultra handset.  Both are working perfectly well, and both were recently updated with Android 13 and OneUI 5.  Ever since the software updates, both handsets are failing to maintain a connection with our Wavlink Wifi 6 Mesh router. 

Both handsets can connect to the wifi signal, but within a couple of minutes, both handsets say "connected without internet".  Both handsets have "auto reconnect" toggled on but neither auto reconnect.  To re-establish the wifi connection, both handsets need to be toggled in and out of airplane mode.  But then several minutes later, both handsets are "connected without internet" again.

This is very frustrating.  We have a plethora of other devices attached wirelessly to the router, and all are behaving normally and maintaining good connections.  We also have other smart phones, including a Note 20 Ultra maintaining a good wireless connection.  Only our S22 Ultras are affected.

We have done the following to try and troubleshoot the problem:

1. Reset the router and ensure that it's firmware is fully up to date.  

2. Reset the network on each hadset within settings

3. I have factory reset my handset.

Nothing has worked.

This problem has only appeared after the update to Android 13 and OneUI 5 on the S22 Ultras.

Any help is greatly appreciated

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy S
Can you try changing the MAC to phone (or vice versa)?Screenshot_20221104_121238_5810_1667524358.jpg

View solution in context

6 Comments
Solution
Galaxy S
Can you try changing the MAC to phone (or vice versa)?Screenshot_20221104_121238_5810_1667524358.jpg
Dechah
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Thanks for the tip, I shall give it a try

0 Likes
Dechah
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
You are a legend. I switched to the device specific Mac address and the connection has been rock stable. Thank you so much
Galaxy S
Good to hear!! 👌 happy to help
ignitr0
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I have same issue except on my fold 4.
MAC is set to phone. But issue still persists.
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
As a short term solution are you able to create a 2.4 ghz network?
0 Likes