Original topic:

Music will not play on vehicle speakers

(Topic created on: 01-10-2020 10:46 AM)
Krystyna
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hey I have been trying like mad to get my phone to play music in my vehicle on my car deck using usb connection and Aux but nothing will work I did not have a problem with this on phones made about 3 years ago (of every brand). My current music app of choice is apple music however I have tried google play, Spotify, and I believe one other option and nothing has worked!? Its driving me insane do I need a new car deck? Currently using a 8 inch touch screen alpine...I should not have these issues. Any info would be extremely helpful. I dont understand why spotify of all things wont even be projected through my car.
0 Likes
15 Comments
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
When you plug your phone in via USB does it give you the options what to do on your phone or does it just go into charging mode?

"Aux" do you me the old-school headphone type? If that's not working it's probably the cord.
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Yup gotta check the phone for options when plugging in, also for both USB and Aux you might need to change the input on the deck.
Your right too, if the Aux doesn't work it's likely the cord, if you try a different cord and your on the right input on the deck and your playing music on your device and it still doesn't work then you plug earphones in your phone, if they work then it's likely the deck.
Or Possibly another bad cord 🤦‍♂️

Im curious why you don't use Bluetooth 🤷‍♂️
0 Likes
Krystyna
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
my vehicle says no files found when using USB and by Aux yes I mean Auxiliary cord connection.
0 Likes
Krystyna
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
when using the usb it charges my phone but does not allow music to play thru car stero
0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
When you plug in the USB way try switches the input. Transfering files should do the trick.
Krystyna
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
This doesnt work, I have tried on all platforms/Apps of music my main music system is Apple music which is subscription but I have downloaded it to my phone which allows me to listen offline just like spotify would but it will not work in my vehicle
0 Likes
Krystyna
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I have even specifically selected apple music as the only audio to play from my phone. and nothing 😅
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Doesnt make sense, a cord is a cord is a cord.
If you play music on your phone, plug in Aux cord, select correct input on deck, it should work! Or as @vape said before the cord is messed, try another, if another doesn't work then try earphones on your phone, if they work then again it's either...
The cord
Or the deck
Bc if the headphones don't work on your phone then it's your phone.

As far as USB
Do you have android auto?
Make sure the deck is on the correct input.
Check the cord
Not sure if the files need to be in a certain folder bc I don't use it this way.

Again why not use Bluetooth?
0 Likes
Krystyna
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
yes I understand all that you are saying and I have tried many many words of different types which is why it's so frustrating and i can hook it up to a brand new Bose portable speaker with cord or bluetooth just fine. And as for bluetooth and my vehicle it only allows calls and contact list to be shown on my screen. even with an old phone, I'm guessing it just is not compatible with bluetooth for music
0 Likes