Original topic:

My battery has been really bad lately

(Topic created on: 04-15-2018 02:23 PM)
Brando
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy S
someone said to disable chrome for the audio server battery drain. Did that and uninstalled it. all of the sudden Play services is taking up a lot and also Android system . I already tried clearing cache partition. Anyone have any suggestions?13b7ae40-146c-434a-a954-8ff440ad7188.jpg
0 Likes
10 Comments
Galaxy S
@Brando.. Here's my S7 (Rooted & Currently running Stock Nougat) But you should know that my S7 is not my daily driver 🐧
Also since it's Rooted I have to use Odin to Flash the Stock Samsung Firmware Security Patch updates - In effect it's an exceptionally Clean Factory Reset as I need to Format Data in addition to Wiping System and Caches 😉 738adfbd-eda3-478d-9725-5145b9f7ada4.jpg
3755b62e-90c6-42b5-8297-ff6c38fef36b.jpg
690b2df8-99a1-4687-83b4-6f959de6c11c.jpg
0 Likes
Server
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
such a show off! ;)

0 Likes
SirCinimod
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
pourquoi tout les jeux avec la fonction gyroscope (FS18 ou mieux) ne fonctionne pas bien sur mon A70?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
its not hard but a lot of work
0 Likes
LazyGhost
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Hey! Glad to see two other long time forum members have joined my battery drain out of nowhere club. Welcome aboard. Any and all suggestions aren't going to do jack lol You need. to send your phone in for god knows how long for god knows how much💸💸💸💸. Get device insurance then conveniently lose it. Deductible is about the same price or in many cases cheaper than a repair job. Miss the days of the swappable batteries 😆
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Ok, audioserver is from your BT headphones, that's for sure. Android System and GP Services is more serious. Anything going in the background? Try maybe S Music for a while and see how it plays out (GP Music might be using GP Services for some reason). Alternatively, uninstall all updates of GP Services.
For Android System, my only clue is misbehaving apps or just a bug. A reset would fix this (I hate it too but whadd'ya want, this fix any issue that is non-HW related). If this does not fix it, then your battery's due for replacement, yay!
0 Likes
Brando
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I don't use BT headphones. I do have a gear s3 however. I do use GP music so I can try using Smasung music even though basically all my music is on GP. Whats frustrating is my Battery always gets like this. I do a reset and it has good battery life like for a 2 weeks or so and then it gets back to its terrible battery. I know my phone can still achieve the good battery life cause I've seen it. I'll try your suggestions. thanks
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Hum. Sorry, I thought you had BT headphones because of the icon in the status bar. Very interesting. This means this is purely SW-related. My other suggestion would be to reduce the amount of third-party apps (like ES, which I used to use but is now so bloated with a thousand features not even remotely connected to file managing, so I use the stock file manager) AAAAND... Disable unused Google Play apps (like Play Movies if you don't use it, and Play Games which is mostly useless)
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @Brando, This issue is difficult to diagnose or troubleshoot without physically inspecting your device. Please contact your local Samsung Service Center (http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/servicelocation/). Thanks!

- Wonchul
0 Likes