Original topic:

My opinion about the new S 21* Ma réflexion sur les S 21xxx EN/FR

(Topic created on: 01-25-2021 04:32 PM)
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S

(Google translate)

I admit that my first reaction to Samsung's announcement to remove the Micro SD card slot on the S21s was quite similar to that of a lot of users, I was angry and I thought it was was a regression in the face of the future ....
BUT
After careful consideration, I said to myself that in the end it was a good thing and let me explain ...

how many times do we see people said they lost all their photos on their device's micro-sd card?

how many people have been fooled after buying fake micro-sd cards on the web?

how many people know which cards to choose based on their device?

how many cards are not fast enough to record a photo taken in Pro mode or a 4K 60fps video when the advertisements of these cards say otherwise?

how many people are willing to invest to have a real professional grade micro-SD card capable of recording / writing as fast as your internal memory can? The majority of people buy high level devices but are afraid to invest for a mico-SD card equivalent to their device which is nonsense ...

So, for these few reasons, I think Samsung made the right choice when it comes to removing the Micro-SD slot and those like me who take a lot of photos or videos, this is the more pausible choice for In the future, we will only have to choose the device with the most internal memory because the majority of Micro-SD cards are unable to record / write videos in 4K 60fps, 8K and photos taken in Pro RAW. The future is 8 K

(I wouldn't be surprised if the Note 21 Utra offers 1T of storage capacity, at least I hope so!)

People can now choose a device that meets their needs, I just hope one of the Samsung write an article on it to help people better choose their device not based on price but rather based on their needs and cost. utility.

NB. Many people do not realize that their photos taken in Pro mode or their videos in 4K 60fps are recorded directly in the internal memory because their micro-SD card is not fast enough to allow them to be recorded. It is therefore logical in my opinion to adopt the SD slot since it will become less and less useful while giving us devices with more internal memory and an unimaginable execution speed.

I also do not disagree with the return of the flat screen because despite its beauty, a curved screen is very fragile if you drop it or if you put it in clamps like on the DJI Osmo devices that I use very much. just for fear of breaking my screen.

As for the "plastic" back, it would appear to be a better heat sink than metal or glass because it is not conductive, so I have no objections to it.

On the other hand, for those who have fairly recent devices like the S20xxx or Note 20 Ultra, unless you are full in AS, no need to change it because most of the cameras are the same except for the 10 X on the ultra. ..

That was my opinion! Have a good day ...

J'avoue que ma première réaction face à l'annonce de Samsung d'enlever la slot de la carte Micro SD sur les S21 a été assez semblable à celle de beaucoup d'utilisateurs, j'étais en colère et je trouvais que c'était une régression face à l'avenir....

MAIS

Après mûre réflexion, je me suis dit que finalement c'était une bonne chose et je m'explique...

• combien de fois voit-on les gens dirent qu'ils ont perdu toutes leurs photos sur la carte micro-sd de leur appareil ?
  • combien de personnes se sont faites avoir après avoir acheté de fausses cartes micro-sd sur le web ?
  • combien de personnes savent quelles cartes choisir en fonction de leur appareil ?
  • combien de cartes ne sont pas assez rapides pour enregistrer une photo prise en mode Pro ou une vidéo 4K 60ips alors que la publicité de ces cartes disent le contraire ?
  • combien de personnes sont prêtes à investir pour avoir une vraie carte micro-SD de qualité professionnelle capable d'enregistrer /écrire aussi rapidement que peut le faire ta mémoire interne ? La majorité des gens achètent des appareils de haut niveau mais ont peur d'investir pour une carte mico-SD équivalente à leur appareil ce qui est un non-sens... 

Donc, pour ces quelques raisons, je pense que Samsung a fait le bon choix en ce qui concerne l'enlèvement de la slot Micro-SD et ceux qui comme moi faisons beaucoup de photos ou vidéos, c'est le choix le plus pausible pour l'avenir, nous n'aurons plus qu'à choisir l'appareil avec le plus de mémoire interne car la majorité des cartes Micro-SD sont incapables d'enregistrer/écrire des vidéos en 4K 60ips, 8K et des photos prises en mode Pro RAW . L'avenir c'est le 8 K

(je ne serais pas surpris que le Note 21 Utra offre une capacité de stockage de 1T, du moins je l'espère ! ) 

Les personnes peuvent désormais choisir un appareil répondant à leurs besoins, j'espère simplement qu'un des Samsung écrivent un article la dessus afin d'aider les gens à mieux choisir leur appareil non pas en fonction du prix mais plutôt de leurs besoins et leur utilité.

N.B.. Plusieurs ne se rendent pas compte que leurs photos prises en mode Pro ou leurs vidéos en 4K 60ips sont enregistrés directement dans la mémoire interne car leur carte micro-SD n'est pas assez rapide pour permettre l'enregistrement de ces derniers...il est donc logique selon moi d'abadonner la slot SD puisqu'elle va devenir de moins en moins utile tout en nous donnant des appareils avec plus de mémoire interne et une vitesse d'exécution inimaginable.

Je ne suis pas non plus en désaccord du retour de l'écran plat car malgré sa beauté, un écran courbé est très fragile si on l'échappe ou si on le met dans des pinces comme sur les appareils DJI Osmo que j'utilise très peu justement par peur de briser mon écran.

En ce qui concerne le dos en « plastique », il semblerait qu'il soit un meilleur dissipateur de chaleur de le métal ou le verre du fait qu'il n'est pas conducteur, je n'ai donc pas d'objections face à ça.

Par contre, pour ceux qui ont des appareils assez récents comme les S20xxx ou Note 20 Ultra , à moins que vous soyez plein aux AS, nul besoin de le changer car majoritairememnt les caméras sont les mêmes sauf pour le 10 X sur l'ultra...

Voilà, c'était mon opinion ! Bonne journée ...

19 Comments
Zora
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
You can still add a SD card next to your SIM card on the Note20
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

@Zora

i know...but it's not the future... If you want a Micro-SD card that can wrote as fast as internal memory it cost a fortune for few storage capacity...

I feel OK with no more SD slot in the future because i make a lot of pictures in Pro Mode and i make video in 4K 60fps and SD card CAN'T BE FAST ENOUGH to wrote/register it...

300kc
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I recently heard someone say that that the the removal of the micro SD card isn't a big deal because you can still use a usb flash drive, which seemed like a good alternative
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Yeah... but that means carrying more equipment around. Like removing the headphone jack, I now lug around a DAC/Amp for my wired headphones. Remove the SD slot and I got to add more stuff to carry to compensate. This is not moving forwards... we're actually going backwards. I feel like I'm back to carrying my PDA and phone back in the day. As well as portable music player... wow we're regressing back to those days I feel.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
So... because people can be scammed, a valuable, reliable feature must be axed? Great! Let's remove Internet access because of the many frauds online! Or remove phone and message capabilities because of the ton of robocall scams that strike via these means!
Sorry, but your reasoning is flawed. The simple, universal solution is education and common sense. Fake cards are so blindingly obviously fake, only a small subset of people get scammed. And cards that are slower than advertised are a sue case, not a "reduce durability and versatility of everyone" case.
There's no need for 8K full stop. And even if there was, fast enough cards would fall in price very quickly once they are made available on phones (because they aren't, UHS-II phones do not exisy) AND you could easily offload the massive 8K video on slower SD storage to free space to record more useless 8K videos.

SD cards are versatile, reliable, useful, preserve your fast internal storage for tasks that matter and prevent you from buying a new, prohibitively expensive phone with equally unreasonably expensive storage upgrades for exceedingly fast storage that will again be wasted with slow, idle content like videos and photos.
USB drives aren't a practical replacement (believe me, I tried) and drain a lot of power. Cloud storage is worse, you pay multiple times the cost of storage so that you may pay multiple times for mobile data to retrieve your content with EVEN SLOWER access speeds. Not good.

SD cards bypass all those problems inclusively. Buy a quality one, it'll be cheaper than buying half the storage on a new device.
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
@CHMultimedia (oups pendant que j'écrivais tu as modifié ton message, je vais donc relire)
you personnaly kmow than i was mad because of the Samsung's decision and it took me more than a week after reading your article and some others to make my own mind and you know than on your Samsung EVO Plus Micro-SD card, it's impossible to register (enregistrer ?) 4K 60ips video, 8 K video or RAW picture in Pro Mode so this is why i think future is not in SD Slot...

I was looking for a faster Micro-SD card before i wrote this article and the only professsionnal card i saw is a Lexar 1800 V 90 at $200 box for only 128 gigs and this is there than i understand rhe Samsung's decision ...but i agree with you, if they remove something WE should pay LESS...

Believe me, like you i was really mad and like you if i was a owner of a Note 20Ultra or a S20* i won't change it for a S21. I'm still with my Note 10+ and i think it's still will be good for another year before thinking paying another $ 2,000.oo

Je sais pas si tu es comme moi, mais je déteste quand je vois que mes photos/vidéos ne sont pas dans le même dossier de stokage et/ou que mon appareil est ralenti à cause d'une carte SD pas assez rapide pour l'appareil. Je te le répète, ça m'a pris du temps avant que je me fasse à l'idée de ne plus avoir de carte SD et j'espère que Samsung seront moins gourmand en nous offrant plus d'espace de stockage sur l'appareil (je sais je sais ils vont se foutre de nous la-dessus...) Anyway, c'était mon opinion

CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Sadly, you've failed to take into account the target of your product.
As there are no UHS-II phones, UHS-II cards are not mass-market products. Therefore, they remain priced as niche products.

SD cards of sufficient speed are perfectly possible with SD Express, a technology based on PCI Express. There's just no adoption by phone companies. Samsung thus created the issue that, in your opinion, justified the abolition of a reliable feature. Lauding them for solving a problem of their own making by hurting consumers while making much more money sounds a bit counterproductive but I guess that's the world I'm living in... a world where lies and deception are actively sought after by their victims
However I respect and value your opinion and point of view on the situation.
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
@300kc
you can also use a NAS or a OTG or simply store everything in a Cloud (but it will not be MY solution) , i don't want to pay for a Cloud except for my documents that are more accessable in a Cloudfor working
0 Likes
Joce1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Ça faisait un bout que je ne te voyais plus ici. Bien content de ton retour 👍