Original topic:

My Phone rings with no one calling

(Topic created on: 01-21-2022 08:13 AM)
Kooobraaa
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I had issues with my phone almost everyday or same time, in the morning it rings but with no one calling. Does anyone have the same issue recently ?
13 Comments
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hello, it might be a notification ringtone. Please check your app notification tone settings. Maybe you set the same notification tone as your default ringtone. 

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

If it's everyday, at the same time, are you sure that it's not a daily alarm that "sounds" like someone is calling? 

Check to make sure you don't have any Alarms set.

Also check Settings > Notifications to see where it's coming from. 

0 Likes
Kooobraaa
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I have check the alarms notification sounds and are not the same as ringtone, also checked my system notification sounds and is not the same as ringtone , emails , also , all notification I have are different except the ringtone is when someone calling.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Try using Good Lock's "Nice Catch" application to see if it's actually a phone call.

In Nice Catch under "call mode history", you'll see the incoming calls listed, not with a phone number, but the time, if it was a phone call. 

Kooobraaa
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Is the app called 'Nice catch" ? Trying to find it in Google Play but couldn't find the exact app name
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

It's a Samsung app, you can get it from the Galaxy Store. 

If you don't have Good Lock installed, then you may want to download it as well, I'm not sure if Nice Catch needs to be installed with it? 

Screenshot_20220121_112513.jpg

0 Likes
Kooobraaa
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Thanks , I installed and run the call mode history , but showing no event is that normal ? Screenshot_20220121-083146_Nice Catch_14478_1642782706.jpg
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Well yeah, you just installed it, it can't go back to retrieve information before it was installed. But it will show you information from incoming phone calls from now on. 

If you're getting this "no caller" phone call regularly, it'll appear here.

You can also check the other fields in Nice Catch to see if it's something other than a phone call that is making your phone ring. 

Kooobraaa
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Great thanks that's a good start to check what cause the issue