Original topic:

My S10 has recently started resending pictures that I have already sent on its own

(Topic created on: 06-27-2022 08:15 AM)
Rhonzz
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

My S10 is randomly resending old pictures that I have sent to a contact  that I am texting, without  me actually doing it!  It also shows no record of me sending the pic, and i am only aware of it doing so when my contact sends me a screen shot of the pic I apparently just sent, which i know I didn't.

I saw on line that it is a known issue with Samsung 8/9 but **bleep** is going on . Contact has an iPhone 11, but not sure if that makes any difference

HELP I afraid it could send any random pic to any contact and I have no way of knowing it does this!!!

6 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Yeah I remember when Samsung Messages was randomly sending images to people's contacts. I have not heard of this happening recently, but maybe in the meantime switch to Google's Messaging app.

Wouldn't want any photos of your prized chickens, accidentally getting sent to the hen house. 😉

0 Likes
Rhonzz
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Ha! My chickens have all their feathers, so Im not worried.😅 It was freaking me out cuz I couldn't see the pics it sent  on my screen, but contact send me screen shot that I definitely had apparently resent an old pic from a couple  of days beforehand it was pic that I already had sent , so it wasn't like oh here's a totally random pic YIKES...that being said I just switched my default messaging app to Google messaging as per tech advice. Guess we will seeeee, figuratively, of course. OK yeah, maybe literally as well🙄

0 Likes
Axton
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, just to confirm, did you observe this with Iphone users only or with other contacts from your phone?

0 Likes
Rhonzz
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I literally have 5 friends LMAO and this was an iphone 11 only

no one else seems to get this problem!!

0 Likes
Rhonzz
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Thanks for the suggestion and replies

0 Likes
Rhonzz
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

PS, to add, the last time it happened(earlier today) I wasn't even ON my phone at the time-freaky! Hopefully don't have this issue again!

0 Likes