Original topic:

NEVER BUY SAMSUNG

(Topic created on: 08-19-2020 12:55 PM)
FOKU
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
After 6 months they wont update your device.

Worst company ever.

Time to give a chance to Chinese devices.
9 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
But your Note9 got an update this month...

Anyway, if that's how you feel, goodbye, don't look back, see ya!
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

With a nickname like yours, we will not missed you 

Bye bye

0 Likes
eldarkhaired
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
...aaaannd is gone! Bye bye FOK U, we hardly knew ye!
uzairm87
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
bye FOK U, we hardly KNO U
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I'm sure just about everyone on these forms generally how samsung software support is. how ever generally speaking most of the apps are updated through an app store regularly. and it's mostly just the OTA updates are for security patches and one U.I fixes that can't be fixed or updated through the samsung galaxy store. but for an average user it's not the end of the world if you don't get a patch the day of release. as long as you are not doing questionable things or on shady websites, you will be perfectly fine.
Galaxy S
My point of view is...why need update every month? No update means stable software and nothing need to be update. I don't want to be like Apple iOS 13 right now, couple weeks have a new updates and keep fixing the problems. This is real problem if Samsung issue so many updates frequently. I prefer less update, at least I know my system is solid.
Braydon
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
You're telling a loyal community of, wait... Samsung fans... to never buy Samsung? Lol.

Also that isn't true at all. I had updates on my previous Samsung phones right till I got the new one (I upgrade every 2 years).
wizparrissa
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
and have them not be supported by Google? I dont trust a communist country company with my sim in it. All phones are based on preference, like music, cars, houses, etc. but why post this on here when most of the ppl in this community have more than 2 samsung phones laying around. i got 2 s6's, s8, Note 9 and waiting on the Note 20 Ultra. you're not gonna change anyone's mine here loool
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
My "personal" opinion...
When I buy a device (or anything) I expect it to do what it claims at the time of purchase! anything after that CAN* be a bonus 🤷
So Samsung was get your device and get 2 years of updates included, noted 🙃👈 now it's 3 years of updates, noted 🙃👈
YAY!

So for starters If you only got 6 months of updates then you either have bought an old device or there is something wrong with yours 🤷

What device do you have btw?

*I personally get my devices running the way I want and leave them alone!
(I should say everyone else's devices I take care of 🙄🕺💃) Updates can cause issues. Do I update when they are available, yes, only bc I like to help round these parts of town 🤣
for the most part though, as mentioned, if your not doing shady things on your device you shouldn't have issues and the only other reason to update is if you really really need a new feature included, which I usually do not, bc I expected something, got it, and made it work how I want already.
🤪🤙✌️👍