Original topic:

never do trade-in with Samsung Canada + S22 stay away

(Topic created on: 06-12-2022 08:58 AM)
SamBB
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

Hi,

Just a heads-up to sell your phone instead of attempting a trade-in with Samsung Canada. I was unaware of the issues with scamming and had good experience with Apple trade-in so I made the mistake of trading my iPhone XR.

First email I received mentioned an adjustment from 200$ to 84$ for the trade-in value. The issue mentioned was burn-in which surprised me since there was none when I sent it. I asked for more pictures which showed there was no burn-in but this time they mentioned a dead pixel. This also was not evident on their picture and their picture confirmed the absence of burn-in (matter of perspective from the angle they took the shot from.

Also, communication has been atrocious. From day 1 of the email warning about adjusted trade-in value, I was told to just wait and that I would be emailed back. Despite connecting with different agents on the forum every couple days, the period to accept/reject the trade-in adjusted value lapsed so I was not able to do anything. I finally received an email from Hamid Afilal who has provided me with the picture attached. I am not sure he actually looked at it when he is saying there is a dead pixel or if he is just as morally corrupt as the trade-in team. The picture he sent

this time around clearly shows that there is no burn-in and that the "burn-in" that was spotted in the first time was a matter of image manipulation by taking the shot from the side.

The S22 itself has been a major disappointment as well with screen in tune if 2h11m and screen off time of 13h48m despite all the settings tweaked for power saving.

Anyway, beware.

SI688890_1.jpg

228e18e9-f74d-447e-9b06-8b959dd1ed10.jpg

15 Comments
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Yup, never trade in with Samsung. Sell privately.
Theblueberry
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
You don't have to take whatever offer that Samsung ends up giving you. You can just ask for your device back and then do whatever you want.
0 Likes
SamBB
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Unfortunately in my case, I trusted the issue would be resolved based on my communication with the agents. I kept being told to wait for an email that would resolve the issue. Instead of an email by a Samsung representative as promised, the next email I got was an automatic one by Assurant telling me the wait period had lapsed..

0 Likes
Theblueberry
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Ahh yeah, Samsung should only make the products.
They aren't good at anything else, more communication probably just hurts more than it fixes
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, you will have 14 days to accept or decline the adjusted Trade-In Value. As per the Terms of Use, if you accept the adjusted Trade-In Value, or do not respond within 14 days, Samsung will charge you the difference between the adjusted Trade-In Value and the Trade-In Value that was applied to the purchase of your new Galaxy product, plus applicable taxes (“Device Condition Charge”).

If you reject the adjusted Trade-In Value, your used device may be returned to you and Samsung will charge you the full amount of the Trade-In Value, and any applicable promotional trade-in credit, that was applied to the purchase of your new Galaxy product, plus applicable taxes.

0 Likes
Solution
btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Scamsung at it again.
0 Likes
sarahkkkkk
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hi how did your issue resolved? I have almost the same problem and they never get back to me. I couldn't accept either decline to the email since it did not make sense and the due date just passed. It was my first trade in which was s21+ in excellent condition and so frustrating since no one get back to me and just have read negative reviews on trade in....
SamBB
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hi,

I ended up writing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. They ended up finding a middle of the road solution.
sarahkkkkk
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thank you for your reply. So Samsung didn't do any for you. I guess I need to report to BBB too ...thanks.