Original topic:

New Samsung 45 Watt Charger Model EP-T4510XBEGCA

(Topic created on: 04-29-2022 02:41 PM)
Yielar
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Been checking regularly to see if the new more efficient 45 watt charger was available on the Canadian Samsung website and was just able to buy 2 chargers. The model number is EP-T4510XBEGCA. It's larger in size vs the 45 watt charger that came out a few years ago, has a longer cable and has been redesigned and apparently doesn't throttle like the previous one. Looking forward to trying it out as I needed a new charger anyways 
0 Likes
20 Comments
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
From everything i read online, seems like the difference between the 25 and 45w charger is negligible and not really worth it.
Yielar
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Haven't seen any tests using the new charger but if you've found one post the link.
0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Every comparison test i found said that the difference was minimal. Up to you if its worth it but here is one video as an example that shows the difference.

https://youtu.be/y6-HtqbGdcw
0 Likes
Yielar
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Yeah if you notice that's the older charger that came out a few years ago. The new one was just released and is larger in size and comes with a longer cable. It's supposed to be more efficient and not throttle like the older version. I needed another charger anyways and bought one for a friend as well so we'll see.
0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Let me know, if the new one is much better , I'll get one too.
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
If you already have a 25w charger, this new charger is still negligible. Tab S8+ charges from 12% to 85% in about 52 minutes. Using a 65w 3rd party that only supports Super Fast Charging does it in an hour and 11 minutes. So there's really no huge difference. Now if compared to regular fast charging at 15W... Yeah that makes a huge difference. It takes a little over 2 hours to charge.
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
I have both the 25w and 45w. The 45w is faster at the beginning but by the time you reach 100% not a huge difference.
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I'm looking at overall charge as I tend to charge once and not multiple times. Overall charge is very much negligible between Super Fast Charge and 2.0. I haven't looked at mutiple charging as my batteries are sufficient that there's no need for that.

I also have the 25w charger that is being used with a PD hub. Still sufficient to power the monitor and charge the Tab S6. Will be swapping that out with the 45w so other peripheriphals can be connected.
Ameet
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Well, i got it from swiftronics Canada. They were available on the Source but are out of stock already.
0 Likes