Original topic:

New software update, new broken functionality

(Topic created on: 03-28-2021 07:07 PM)
MajorBlam
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
So Samsung is 3 for 3 now, the last 3 software updates have caused 3 new problems that didn't exist prior to the update. This time it was after the update released on March 27th, 2021. Now whenever I try to log into a public wifi Hotspot, the login page does know load and the page displays and error that states "wifi hardware is not supported ". Why why why????? I totally regret upgrading my S9+ for this piece of garbage S20FE.

I'm three months into a 2 year term with this piece of shit and the only way put is to fork out the $700 so I can own this piece of junk that really only belongs under the wheel of a truck. So disappointing to see samsung producing so much shit lately. Time to dump my loyalty to "Samdung"
4 Comments
Galaxy S
i agree with you 1000% !! UI 3.x is horrible! too many issues!! Personally, and for any Samsung Dual SIM device users like me, they killed our Dual SIM1 + SIM2 buttons for calls and messages which defeats the purpose of a dual SIM device and results PRIVACY, SECURITY, SAFETY, COST & USER EXPERIENCE issues. Thankfully, I have a Note 10+ and received guidance from experts here to successfully revert back to Android 10 UI 2.5 :)

Now all I can do is be patient meanwhile daily monitor Samsung International Communities hoping for Samsumg to step up and fix all these issues in the next update. I feel bad for anyone that invested in S20 or Note20 because there is no option to go to UI 2.5.....since these are still new devices with value, I recommend selling it and get yourself a G-Pixle, Huawei or hate to say it...iphone!
0 Likes
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I'm using the s20 fe without any problems before every major update do you clear the cache? I usually back everything up and do a factory reset than do the update I've never had a problem that way.
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hi MajorBlam,

Please try to wipe the cache partition of your phone and check.

Follow the below steps:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and Power key.
- When the SAMSUNG Galaxy logo appears release all the keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, the Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.

0 Likes
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
More importantly, are the ads still working?
0 Likes