Zeugnal_Joseph
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
11 Comments
SaiChaotic
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Phone still heats up quite fast even after the update. Also, idk but I think I lost a few hours in battery standby time and an hour less in screen on time.
RawAndReal
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I'm still observing mine but so far all good. have you noticed the heating up issue is more related when you're using data vs. using wi-fi? what activities are you doing when it usually heats up?
Galaxy S
I noticed that too. I usually experienced that when i'm playing ML, vcall in messenger and fb using data.
0 Likes
RawAndReal
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
yeah. not sure if the antenna has something to do with it. try making your mobile Network Setting one notch down to LTE/3G/2G (auto connect). if it's set to 5G and your area doesn't have good 5G coverage, the antenna might be overworking to look for a 5G signal so it fluctuates between 5G and 4G/LTE. I've set mine like this because of the very same reason.

Screenshot_20210221-150437_Call settings.jpg

Galaxy S
Thanks for this advise.
SaiChaotic
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I'm just on wifi and I have 5g off since my area doesn't have 5g just yet. When playing codm it throttles to normal temperature after a while. I don't have a problem with the phone heating up during gaming. The phone heats up when doing video recording 3-5mins and the phone is quite hot.
RawAndReal
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
i think the same is being discussed in the EU community:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/s21-ultra-heating-up-and-battery-drain/td-p/27...

AUB9 was supposed to improve camera performance not sure what's happening in that regard. you do have AUB9 version, yeah? What I tried was using the phone in safe mode and trying all stock apps including camera. by any chance, do you use a 3rd party app when you're using your camera? worst comes to worst, I'd do a factory reset. i feel like there'll be a lot of updates that are still coming given that after 3 updates, the heating up issue is still out there. have you tried smart tutor for remote checking? otherwise, I'd pay the service center a visit.
SaiChaotic
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I use the stock camera app, no over heat warning as compared to other users but it does heat up.
0 Likes
RawAndReal
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
i tried mine yesterday but just for a short vid and didn't really experience my phone getting warm. but I'll try a more extensive test...
0 Likes