Original topic:

No Dex on Fold 3 display?!

(Topic created on: 08-24-2021 04:09 PM)
FreddyCanuck
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I am quite disappointed to find out that the fold 3 doesn't support Dex on the phone itself when unfolded. It only works with an external display.

Meanwhile on the Tab S7 it works great on the device itself.

Samsung WHY do you cripple things like this? This has eliminated a major use case of the fold for me. I might return it now that I know this.
8 Comments
Galaxy S
Oh wow, no DeX when unfold? But when you are working on DeX with folded, once you unfolded the phone, is DeX program closed itself?
0 Likes
FreddyCanuck
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
That isn't what I said.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Oh sorry, I misunderstand your expression then.

You mean DeX mode like tablet?
0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Because the fold is considered a phone. So unlike "real" tablets, it acts as a phone. Therefore no dex on the device itself.

The Tab S7 can have the keyboard case attached to it and make it work like a laptop so I guess that's why it works.
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hi FreddyCanuck,
Samsung DeX is a service that allows you to use your smartphone like a computer by connecting the smartphone to an external display, such as a TV or monitor, or to a computer. Accomplish tasks you want to do on your smartphone quickly and easily on a large screen using a keyboard and mouse. While using Samsung DeX, you can simultaneously use your smartphone.
However, you can also verify these steps on the Fold3.
On your smartphone, tap the rectangular box symbol on the navigation bar. If you have set the navigation bar to use Swipe gestures, open the notification panel and tap Use your phone as a touchpad.

0 Likes
Jiwon23
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Fold2 is the same. It doesn't support DEX mode itself.
PraxisOG
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy S

The Xiaomi MI mix fold supports pc mode right in the device, Samsung has a nice opportunity to catch up in this regard

0 Likes
FreddyCanuck
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
All signs point to Samsung abandoning Dex altogether so don't get your hopes up.
0 Likes