Tema original:

No more samsung for me.

(Tema creado el: 09-26-2021 12:35 PM)
138 Visitas
JuanmarioHerrero
Active Level 1
Opciones
Galaxy S
Extremely dissapointed at Samsung. I've had all the a galaxies since the S5 and now I purchased the S21 ultra to come to this conclussion. No more samsung for me. First it was notification led removed, then the aux conector. Then the headphones got removed and the charger ( I wanted to get ripped of I would but an iPhone) but the worst of all was the removal of the extra memmory or the micro SD card tray. No more memmory expansion. That is the last drop. So from now on, no more samsung for me. You have lost another faithful user who was running away from being robbed by iPhone and now o feel robbed by Samsung.
Extremely dissapointed. 
13 Comentarios
Lr19
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Sadly a lot of companies did the same so probably Samsung is not a bad option. If you buy a S20 or S20FE you will have the charger and the headphones
0 kudos
Galaxy S
I can trade the charger and other stuff for the extra memory. That did it for me.
0 kudos
JoseRMJ
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Just out of curiosity. Isn't 128 GB of storage not enough? If you wanted the best of the best, why not picking the 512 GB one?
To be honest, there's no point in using an SD card for that amount of space.
About the led, you can use the edge function on notifications. I'm also a led fan but 🤷🏻.
About the headphone jack and the charger, that's the trending, I mean... You should have done some research first then buy the phone that suits your needs.
You should give your phone a chance, it's probably one of the best machines on the market right now.
0 kudos
Galaxy S
I love the phone. But yes I love to keep stuff in my SD card. I take a lot of pictures and not a big fan of using clouds.
0 kudos
JoseRMJ
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Can you name one thing that SD card does better than the actual phone memory?
0 kudos
Galaxy S
I can keep lots of **bleep** music and info whitout slowing the cell phone down. I use the SD card to keep information i might not need to access all the time and Dont want it to take the space on the phones memory. Also when I cange phones I move that info faster. Is a matter of preference. O always saw those littke things as a big edavantage of Samsung over other brands.
0 kudos
JoseRMJ
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
It's nice to see when the phone has a lot of available space. But just because it's being filled doesn't mean it will get slower, only until it's full that's going to happen.

I repeat what I said on my other comment, if you bought the 256 or 512GB version, I just can't see a space problem... The phone access to internal memory faster than the SD card slot, you might not notice on newer phones but it's evident on older ones; so having 5k songs or 6k documents won't slow your phone down.

About the transfer information thing. There's an app for that, works specially well between Samsung phones that transfers all the info from one to another quite easily and it has been available since the S7 or so.

On the other hand, it's a Galaxy S21 Ultra... Dude, it's one of the best, if not the best phone on the planet right now, it's even faster than most computers, it won't go slow just because you're using its full potential, because it was made for that 😅
0 kudos
F-B
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

You can divide the memory of your phone for system performance, and the sd for media (garbage), I have been doing that for decades with PCs, and even more with PDAs like phones.

Change the memory card between phones with instant upgrade without losing personal data without waiting time or media transfer.

If phone fall and broke, or brick without reason I just buy another one without losing important data. They also work for phone backups.

As pseudo phones, in reality powerful pocket pcs, have cameras that are a lot better that the one sold for video recording 20 years ago, and you can now record crystal clear video, you can use your phone and get better results that the one of professions cameras from the past, if you could carry tons of video tapes, why would you not carry more than a couple of extra micro SD cards in the back of your phone just behind your cover and change then to film your vacations or other activities; you are not only buying just a phone in this times, it is now an expensive camera that need expandability, also a PC with Dex that need access and expandability. You would not buy a digital camera without a card reader, why would you buy one on your phone without it, neither a PC that you could not upgrade the disk, your phone is now an expensive PC that deserves the same respect, my actual phone is a couple of hundreds of times bigger than my first PC, but archive have grown even more, any extra space is needed.

There are more reasons, but what have no reasons is going against micro SD card conservation. Is just moronic. If you don't want it and the option is there you just don't have to use it, the reader could have cost a couple of bucks more, not a big deal, and the one of us that one that option and can get advantage of it would plug one on it without forcing you to use it.

Are your OK with that, or you have a problem with that freedom of choice for us, the people that want it. If that, that's not nice from you.

0 kudos
Anonymous
No aplicable
Galaxy S
Fvh
0 kudos