Original topic:

No One UI4 for s21 Ultra in Australia

(Topic created on: 11-27-2021 07:18 PM)
Sandeep1984
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Unlike apple why doesn't Samsung push one UI or new softwares throughout the world? It's a dumb company 
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy S

Hi @ashZ_au, at the present there is no official date released for the S21 Ultra. News on updates will be released via the Samsung Members 'notices'. 

To get here:

Samsung Members app > Notification bell > Notices

WobbyDoggles
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
"At present there is no official date" only proves samsung couldn't care less about Australia. They are releasing it all over the world right now, yet can't even come up with a roll out plan for us. For all we know, "soon" is March ffs. Considering there are devices made by samsung that will get this update in September next year in the US, some samsung users in Australia could be waiting another 12 months for their update. Yeah.... great support!
0 Likes
stevecam
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Holy cow, no wonder there is no update for Australia, half of you guys posting this stuff are just cooked!
Samsung devices have a lot more going on than an iPhone, I'm glad that some people get it
Much of what is happening now is regulatory, the recording capability is one thing, there are other things that are important too like security and clearance, it ain't no iPhone I'll tell you for sure
I remember trying to get onboard with PayPass when it first came out, in other countries they would just depend on credit card numbers being transmitted over the air, whereas in Australia you were required to encrypt the data each time
Device security is like no other, people may not have noticed, but the amount of security that is offered by Android is out of this world, Samsung make use of many of these offerings, Apple devices don't have the same security so clearance is not so important, they just focus on policy management, your Galaxy on the other hand will be encrypted from the preboot environment onwards, and you can't just exploit these things are see unencrypted data by default
You want your update now? Go for it, you can jump on to xda and find a release that works, but you'll be required to deactivate your protection to do this (Knox)
You're protected by a fuse so this is a one way street, the device will still work but hey you can at least thank Samsung for being present with other brands (Sony, HTC, Samsung, etc...) in making sure you are able to do this as a consumer oh and you'll be without the level of security
Personally, I can't wait for the new update, but I purchased a Galaxy S21 Ultra because I wanted the very best
Thank you Samsung for putting in so much time, effort and investing so much money in to this platform
It's important to recognise that real people work for Samsung, if you want your update to come out quicker you must show Samsung that you appreciate what they offer you, it's a hard job especially when you put so much effort in and people just resort to telling you that you **bleep** and constantly comparing you to Apple
Apple devices are insecure and they don't favour the consumer, there is no individual consumer, just large enterprise contracts at Apple, you can guarantee Samsung engineers are reading posts on here and places like xda, and these employees would be feeling hurt
Apple are that involved with their users
There is also much more representation of Apple devices in Australia with government and private contracts, so the approval needed happens much slower due to people being unfamiliar with the security integrated in these platforms, Apple doesn't have anything that compares to offerings like dm-verity, you're Apple devices are easily broken in to and your personal data is stolen with simplicity

I would like to see Samsung push for the update, there is no reason out government can't keep up with the demands, your devices generate taxes on our country so they can employee more professionals if they can't keep up with the workload
sury97
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
Well that escalated quickly.
patclew1
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I wish l bought the OPPO find X3 Pro instead of crappy Samsung galaxy S21 Ultra but I thought I'd give Samsung another go but shouldn't have like stepping back in cave you Samsung people should step in to the light and try OPPO.
0 Likes
Techy112
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Id rather hang myself than put my personal data in the hands of a Chinese company
patclew1
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Better throw the rope over now, because they probably have your data already.
0 Likes
Techy112
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yea, my public data, the data that any country could access... but you my friend that have access to everything on your phone, your messages, your phone calls, your banking details, your internet history, your GPS location history... everything you do on that phone they have access to... both oppo and huawei are under the microscope due to data harvesting, so might be time to wake up mate
0 Likes
patclew1
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
And where is your proof that Samsung won't be doing the same, after all there are hackers everywhere these days and Samsung isn't invincible so don't be so quick to assume that you are smarter than all us OPPO users.
0 Likes
Techy112
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Never said im smarter, but im sure as **bleep** not trusting a chinese company when they are all under direct control by their government, so you do what you want, but dont come onto a samsung members forum and tell us to buy some **bleep** chinese phone.
0 Likes