Original topic:

No Reply Sound/Vibration on Messages

(Topic created on: 05-22-2022 01:24 PM)
Members_7CNl8zX
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

I am becoming extremely frustrated with my "flagship" Samsung S21.  I can not find a way to get notifications (sound or vibration) when someone replies to my message.  I send or reply to a message, put the phone down to do work and I get NO INDICATION that the recipient has replied.  I finally look at my phone and my wife has replied 15 minutes ago!  She usually ends up having to call me.  This is real bush-league Samsung.  I am not sure what you were thinking -that we would hover over our phones all day waiting for replies. I am not impressed.  LHV 

2 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Are you talking about text messages?

Check in Settings > Sounds & Vibration & make sure that you have at least the default Notification Sound & Vibration there.

It's definitely not an issue with the device, just something with your settings that can easily be fixed.

You can also go to Settings > Notifications after you know that you have received a text & click on the Notification for the Text to verify that you have a Notification sound & Vibration enabled for it. 

0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we are sorry to hear that your'e experiencing issue with your device.

If notification sounds aren’t working for messages app, please check and disable seperate app sound and verify if it resolves the issue.

Open Settings > Sounds and vibration > Separate app sound.

Please make sure that Do Not Disturb is turned off.

0 Likes