Original topic:

No S21, but my Trade-in is Due in 3 weeks

(Topic created on: 01-31-2021 04:04 PM)
TDB3
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
So I ordered an S21 Ultra 512gb in black on January 20th from the Samsung site.  Still no phone and my order still says in progress.  I had the acknowledgment email on the 20th, but no confirmation email until yesterday when I did a live chat and she "re-sent" for the first time.  I was billed on January 23rd for the entire amount and I got the email with the paperwork for the trade in.

So, my question is what happens when I don't have the S21 in the next 3 weeks?

I have young kids in daycare, travel an hour one way in the country for work, that's essential. I will not be sending my S9 in and living without a phone for who knows how long. Does it void my trade in? Do I have to pay the $300 trade in bonus back?

Will I take a financial hit for putting my trust in Samsung?
0 Likes
26 Comments
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
It says In process or Preparing Dispatch?

Contact Samsung like 2 weeks out saying you don't have the phone yet so you can't send in yours. Keep contacting customer service daily to check up on your order status. But yea definitely can't send in your S9 until you get your new one and transfer over your stuff.
TDB3
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I did the preorder for my s9 years ago and the process went well, I can't believe the lack of transparency with the delays this time.
0 Likes
TDB3
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Still says In Progress as of 60mins ago.
0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Hmm ok. Mine went from awaiting approval to preparing dispatch..
0 Likes
TDB3
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
🤷

Screenshot_20210131-194249_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
show me what it says when you press Processing
0 Likes
TDB3
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Your order has been received and is being reviewed

Screenshot_20210131-195128_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Not to give you more anxiety but that's the same status I have and I "preorder" since 17 Jan. Some folks received the same status since Jan 14th.
TDB3
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Oh, I have read that extensively. I'm so sorry you are waiting so long. it really seems that Samsung is not handling this well. Do you have a trade-in in limbo as well?
0 Likes