Original topic:

No volte

(Topic created on: 05-26-2022 08:50 AM)
Ducatidk
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I have an s21 ultra 5g . Original used on rogers and was able to have rcs messages and volte since I switched to bell all of that went away. Anyone else have the same problem 
15 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

It's possible that Bell is "blacklisting" the IMEI of devices not purchased from them for RCS & VoLTE.. 

Did you check that the VoLTE Toggle is ON in Settings > Connections > Mobile Network? 

Did you also check that Chat is enabled in your Messaging app? 

In Settings > Connections > Mobile Network did not check that the APN is setup for Bell's Network? 

You might want to contact Bell Support, it's not going to be a Samsung device issue, but a Carrier issue. 

0 Likes
Ducatidk
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I have nothing in my connection settings for VoLTE
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks.

This is not there?

Screenshot_20220526_123252.jpg

0 Likes
Ducatidk
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
No its notScreenshot_20220526-105451_Call settings.jpg
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Then I'd contact Bell. It's definitely a Carrier issue. 

Bell would have to enable VoLTE & RCS on your device with their network, that's why it's not showing up as an option.

Bell DOES support both RCS & VoLTE, so it's likely because your device was purchased from Rogers. 

0 Likes
Ducatidk
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I have spoke with them and they are telling me it's not supported for the s21ultra. Idk why
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Call Bell back & if you get the same answer, ask to speak to a Supervisor. 

Bell Mobility ABSOLUTELY DOES support VoLTE on your device. The S21 is a "later" model than the S6... 

RCS may depend on whether you are using Google Messages or Samsung's Messaging app, but RCS is almost certainly supported with Google Messages.

https://www.bell.ca/Mobility/VoLTE

Screenshot_20220526_133009.jpg

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Best suggestion is to contact Bell and find out if they support rcs messaging and volte services.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Yes, Bell Mobility does support both, but I'm not sure if they require the device to have been purchased from them or not. 

0 Likes