Original topic:

Not buying another Samsung phone until you bring back SD card support

(Topic created on: 05-01-2023 10:40 AM)
Turi555
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Sorry, Samsung - spare me the marketing and sales attempts. I had every Note phone since the Note 3, now I'm on my Note 10 plus, but I'm not buying another Samsung phone until you bring back support for SD card storage expansion on the Note/Ultimate series, and don't try to preach about how I can always use cloud storage, because:

1. I can't if I'm offline, which as an avid camping and outdoors person - I often am, and;

2. Most cloud services that I use (Google Drive, onedrive, etc.) still fill up my storage with a copy of the files I have online, so I still need the extra storage space. And;

3. Considering that the major Canadian service providers like Rogers or Bell only offered the phones in 128gb or 256gb (and only recently added only the 512gb option, so not even 1gb) - that local storage is simply not sufficient:

4. Finally - as you can see from numerous forums - your consumers HATED that you did that, so you obviously stopped respecting what we think and actually want and need. 

So until you stop trying to "out-cool" Apple ("let's make our phones ridiculously thin - like iPhones! Oh - that causes them to burn up like the Note 7, RIP? Who cares! It looks cool!" Or "Let's build it with no bezel or so little of it that no human hand can even just hold the phone without causing unwanted input? Who cares! It looks cool!", Or "Let's make our phones from all slippery glass that no one can hold securely without dropping the phone. Who cares? It looks cool!", neither of which I'm sure most Note users ever asked to have and do not appreciate you forcing us to have) - until then - count me out of your "ecosystem"!

You went from offering the most "business-user focused-solutions", certainly after BlackBerry got out of the game, to coming up with the same, not just useless - but outright bad "hype-centric" design like Apple phones are - you will likely never be as "cool" as Apple is, but I don't think the average Samsung Note or S Pen enabled (and supporting storing it in the device) "Ultimate" user ever cared about that, but something tells me you never bothered to ask us. At least not that I'm aware of. 

While I'm talking about stupid consumer-ignoring decisions that only try to imitate Apple, which is like jumping off the school building roof just because the "cool jock did it":

Who's the genius that thought it was smart to get rid of the 3.5mm headphone jack, just because the "Cult of the Apple" did? Did you survey your users first? Did you bother to check if the headphone manufactures even support USB C headphones, or like the SD nonsense - you unilaterally decided that we're all nudists, and should walk around "au naturel" - that everything should be done "virtually", only online, or only without any wires, even if that meant we now ended up being slaves not only to charging the phone, but also to charging headphones, just to listen to music or handle calls - assuming we can even find the same selection of headphones like there was for those with a "standard" 3.5mm jack??? 

It's one thing to die from a gun wound - it's another when that wound was caused by someone shooting themselves with their own gun. Your gun was Marketing - and you pointed and shot it at yourselves with those stupid moves. 
17 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I whole Heartedly Agree! 👍🏻

Samsung used to RIDICULE Apple for the things that iPhones did not have, but Samsung did.. Now Samsung should look in the mirror, while watching their own advertising from a couple of years ago. 

Apple - Samsung 

Pot - Kettle 

Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
I used to be like you and I do still want SD support but what I did was get the S23 U in 512gb plus I bought the Samsung SSD 1tb that can hook directly up to the phone as well if needed to transfer files, pics, videos. So now I'm set lol
Turi555
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Nothing personal, habsfan, and thank you for your response, but let me tell you a little story, please, assuming you weren't being "tongue in cheek" (which if you were - great!):

I bought an SUV years ago. It was the best SUV on the market - took me everywhere I wanted to go - both on and off the road, carried all my luggage and family, was easy to drive and had plenty of accessories for me to add to it if I wanted to. I loved that SUV so much, that I kept upgrading to its latest model.

Then - a few years ago, my SUV manufacturer said they have a new SUV available for me to upgrade to, so imagine how thrilled I was to go check it out, right?

Until I got to the showroom, and saw that the new SUV was actually a two seat sports car - a fantastic sports car no doubt, but you know what it wasn't? AN SUV!!! It was much faster than my SUV, but couldn't drive off road, it was much more nimble, but only had two seats and no cargo space, and none of the accessories I had on my SUV worked on it anymore - couldn't even connect them to it.

But I see now that I didn't think of something - I guess you're right - I can always carry my family and cargo in an RV trailer that I could tow behind that amazing new SUV that only has two seats and cannot go off road... Yay! I stand corrected... Now, granted - instead of just "worrying" about one vehicle to have - I need to worry about two - the car AND the trailer I have to tow with it all the time because, well - I have a family and cargo I always drive around with, but hey - I can't wait until they upgrade me to a Kawasaki Ninia - I heard that's an even better SUV...
Turi555
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
So what can we, as Samsung's obviously meaningless consumers do, assuming you agree with what I complained about, to make Samsung "see the light" (and our money)?

Well - make noise about it! Make them hear this until their ears fall off. Send this post to other users, and ask them to like or comment on it to show that it is a valid issue, and maybe, just maybe - the geniuses at Samsung will listen and actually follow what their most loyal consumer base (the Note users) really care about. Thank you
electromanjim
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I will be happy to help by all means. I'm new to the samsung world but I can definitely see the way this company is heading from the short dealings I have been having with them So I will

Quote what you asked down below.

Well - make noise about it! Make them hear this until their ears fall off. Send this post to other users, and ask them to like or comment on it to show that it is a valid issue, and maybe, just maybe - the geniuses at Samsung will listen and actually follow what their most loyal consumer base (the Note users) really care about. Thank you

Hopefully this will be seen from someone that cares and passes this along to someone of higher power to show what samsung customers are saying

Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Turi555, we definitely agree with you and certainly understand your requirements.

We will flag your feedback and suggestions to the appropriate team for review and value your time contacting us.

Your feedback will certainly help us to improve the quality of the products in future, please be assured that Samsung always strive to provide the best user experience on the device.

electromanjim
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Hi Helenna its nice to see you respond to this thread. Now how about you keep us posted 📫 on this also.

Thanks

Electromanjim
Kashska
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I'm another user wondering what happened to Samsung?  Where is the SD card?  Where is the "Best face" feature that I loved in the camera? Glad to see the pen is back, but holding off upgrading and considering other manufacturers at this time, which I never have before.

0 Likes
Turi555
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
So...? What is being done about the issues brought up here?
0 Likes