Original topic:

Not getting 5G in Canada

(Topic created on: 05-20-2024 11:35 AM)
mnijhum
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hi, my galaxy S23 ultra is Vietnam variant(XXV). Recently I moved to Canada and got a SIM that has 5G in my area. But unfortunately the 5G bands are locked in my device and I can not unlock it. I did some research online and found some tools to unlock but nothing helped. Is there any official way to unlock those 5G bands? 
0 Likes
16 Comments
mnijhum
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I tried changing CSC to WWD and 5G worked. But did not get any OTA update in WWD. So changed back to XXV and the 5G is gone also.
0 Likes
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
WWD has worked for others, and they had to use it to work with an international phone in Canada. You'd think that if you used the carrier's CSC you'd get on their 5G network.

For updates you the CSC shouldn't matter but WWD is a weird one.

What did you use to change the CSC? Did you use the the SAMFW tool? Have you tried dialing *#243203855# and using your Canadian carrier CSC?
0 Likes
mnijhum
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Roger's CSC is not available for my device. Dialing secret code is also disabled and I tried to enable it with SamFw but it always stucks at waiting for Diag stage. Peopel suggested to dial *#0808# and select DM + MODEM + ADB to pass the stage but mine could not.
0 Likes
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Have to tried flashing just the CSC with Odin?

And where's RedDogRabbit when you need him? 😉. Seriously, he's really good with these type of issues.
0 Likes
mnijhum
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
No I did not try it. Will I loose my data if I do so?
0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Yes you lose data if you don't flash home_csc and flash csc instead with Odin
0 Likes
LiteHouse
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I have a degree in engineering and an S21 Ultra and enabled 5G on Bell, in Canada.
0 Likes