Original topic:

Notification count?

(Topic created on: 09-21-2022 02:27 PM)
bigknife
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Something annoying here - I see a count of 2 against the Members app

But when I open it there is nothing to see.

The bell 》 activity/ notices is empty:

How do I clear the count?
0 Likes
9 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You can try Clearing Cache for the app, Reboot might get rid of the Notification? 

Clearing BOTH Cache & Data would possibly work, or you may see quite a few more Notifications for Samsung Members app? 

To Clear Cache for the app, Go to Settings > Apps Search for "Samsung Members" > Storage & Clear Cache from there.

See if that works for you. 

bigknife
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Thx a clear cache reduced the pending notification count to 1. Rebooting has put it to 0.

I'll keep an eye on it! Thanks!
Nylah
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we are glad to hear that you found the information, you are looking for.

Kindly write back to us, if you need any further information.

Thank you RedDogRabbit.

Ray1
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S

The number on the Samsung Members icon show you how many people have responded either by likes or actual response to something you have posted or commented on.

On your phone when you open the Samsung members app look at top right on your screen and touch the bell icon and then on next screen touch Activity and you should see what the number is referring to

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I think that their screen shots show that they didn't have any unseen notifications, just the "notification counter", was present on the app's Icon.. At least that's what I saw? 

Ray1
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S

I agree but was just suggesting what could be causing the number

It is possible the number was because of something not shown in the screen shots

bigknife
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Well, that was my problem - the attention mark showed an outstanding count of 2 yet nothing in inbox explained it.

Incidentally, it'd be more intuitive for the newcomer if the bell also showed a mark or count
Ray1
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S

I agree but there is nothing we can do to change this other than complain

Possibly they might hear your  suggestions  and make some changes but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the change😂 

khan2
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Android 14
0 Likes