Original topic:

Notification noise cuts in and out on S22 Ultra

(Topic created on: 05-06-2022 12:15 PM)
SimonHF
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I am enjoying my S22 Ultra bit there is an annoying issue: When the default notification noise / tune sounds / plays -- e.g. when a new email or message arrives -- the sound starts to play as expected, BUT... during playback the sound itself can cut in and out. There are all shades of gray here from playing normally to hardly playing any of the notification sound. 

Any idea what is causing this and how to fix it?

The issue only happens with notification sounds. All other sounds in apps play properly and as expected, e.g. on games, YouTube, browsers, etc.
0 Likes
4 Comments
Brantley
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, please boot your device into safe mode. To enter Safe Mode, please perform the following : 1.First, completely power off the phone.

2.Then, power on the phone and when the Samsung logo appears, press and hold down the Volume down key.

3.If done correctly, "Safe Mode" will display on the bottom left corner of the screen. If "Safe Mode" does not appear, repeat the steps above.

4.Once you are in Safe Mode, you can remove the third-party app that is causing issues on your phone.

5.To exit Safe Mode, simply restart your phone and it will reboot normally.

0 Likes
SimonHF
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thanks for the steps. How do I know if / which third party app is responsible?
0 Likes
george912
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Same problem here with my S22 ultra. It's fixed after restarting the phone but it will revert back after some hours. So I'm asking for a permanent fix?

0 Likes
george912
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Same problem here with my S22 ultra. It's fixed after restarting the phone but it will revert back after some hours. So I'm asking for a permanent fix?

0 Likes