Original topic:

Notification sounds

(Topic created on: 07-15-2021 06:42 AM)
thebrez
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Good day all.
I was wondering if there is a way to add more Ringtones to the built in list of tones. 
I tried using a third party App and when I choose a sound, then I don't see it in the list. I have a S20FE,and I was able to do this on my S7 Edge, but don't see a way on this phone.
Thank you kindly 
8 Comments
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, if you wish to set a music file as a ringtone then please follow the below steps.

Once your music file is downloaded onto your device, set a music file as a ringtone:

Tap "Settings", then tap "Sounds and vibration".

Tap "Ringtone".

Tap "SIM".

All the ringtones on your device will be displayed on-screen.

To use your own music file, tap the + icon.

Select the music file.

If the file does not appear under the "Tracks" tab, tap "Folders", then locate the file.

Tap "Done".

0 Likes
thebrez
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Thank you very much. I'll give it a try and let you know later.
0 Likes
thebrez
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Hi again, that works for the Ringtone, But not for SMS or email notification sounds, I see no option. It's not that important to me
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, If you wish to set an Audio or music file as a Message notification or ringtone, the audio file must be placed into the Notifications or Ringtone folder.

1.Head into your Settings > Apps

2.Tap on an app you would like to customize the Notification tone

3.Tap on Notifications

4.Select a category you would like to customize

5.Ensure that you have selected Alert then tap on Sound

6.Tap on a sound then press the back button to apply changes

If you would like to use your own music file other than the pre-loaded sounds, follow steps 1-6 under Using saved Music Files to transfer your music files into your Notifications Folder.

0 Likes
thebrez
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Hi again, the sound is in my notifications and I did exactly as you said, but when I choose the sound it's not there, so I guess it doesn't work for this phone model. Thanks for trying but I give up.
0 Likes
thebrez
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Hi, I chatted with Samsung and they said it cannot be done on this model, S20FE. Thank you for trying to help.
0 Likes
thebrez
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Sorry to bother you again, but just let you know, I download the Zedge App, and it works amazingly and I can now customize. Just thought I'd let you know. Thanks again
0 Likes
thebrez
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Hi, I did not want it for a Ringtone, but for Text message sounds. Thanks again.
0 Likes