Original topic:

Noxid

(Topic created on: 11-02-2021 11:45 AM)
Noxid
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I am having trouble getting my Galaxy S 21 Ultra to reliably connect (Bluetooth) with my Philips Hearing Aids. 
Is anyone else having this problem? 
Thanks. 
Robert 
0 Likes
14 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Don't use a hearing aid, but did you check in Settings > Accessibility?

See the screen shot & see if the settings there will help. 

Screenshot_20211102_161157.jpg

0 Likes
Noxid
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Thanks, but no help.
When first installed the App works beautifully for ~ 1 hour. Then not in Stereo. L or R but not both. Samsung says that there is nothing wrong, but will work on Samsung Note 20 Ultra
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Noxid, are you getting any errors? Also, could you confirm if you are able to connect with other devices?

0 Likes
Noxid
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Thanks. No errors. I am am able to connect with other Bluetooth devices. eg: smartwatch, car radio
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Noxid, I suggest you reset the network settings by following the below steps.

Step 1. Launch the Settings app.

Step 2. Tap the General management menu.

Step 3. Tap Reset menu.

Step 4. Tap Reset network settings menu.

Step 5. Tap the Reset settings button.

0 Likes
Noxid
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Just want to say that Samsung has totally abandoned me!
Trying to anticipate difficulties beforehand, I was in contact with Samsung before buying anything, and was assured that the Galaxy S 21 Ultra would interface with my Philips Hearlink Hearing Aids. They do not!
I have records of all my correspondence with Samsung, which they have totally refused to accept. After providing me with wrong/misleading information, they refuse to accept any responsibility, leaving me with a very expensive device, that while excellent, does not perform the way I want, or expected.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

What puzzles me is that you said,

"When first installed the App works beautifully for ~ 1 hour. Then not in Stereo. L or R but not both. Samsung says that there is nothing wrong, but will work on Samsung Note 20 Ultra".

I'm not sure why it would have worked for an hour if there's a compatibility issue? I would have thought that it would either work, or not. 

Are you using a Philips app (if there is one?), or just trying to straight Pair with the phone?

Is there a model number of your Philips hearing aids? 

Noxid
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Thanks.
I don't understand either, but that is the way it is. Some type of 'memory' seems to fill up, because when you clear the cache it will work again.
Puzzles me that works perfectly on the Note 20 Ultra.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Is it a memory issue though? 

Sounds like maybe the app is getting optimised & then stopping. 

Check in Settings > Optimization & see if it's getting "put to sleep"?

You could also check "sleeping & ALWAYS sleeping" apps in Settings. 

That sounds far more likely than a memory issue.