Original topic:

ONE UI 4.0 Available to Canada!???

(Topic created on: 09-19-2021 01:15 PM)
JerseyCM
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Why isnt ONE UI 4.0 Beta available in Canada?
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I'm part of a private group based in the US. 

XDA usually has links to the Firmware, & if you aren't familiar with the US Betas & Flashing them with Patched Odin, they need to be Flashed in the correct sequence & you have to start with flashing the full US NON Beta firmware before Flashing the Betas.

I've always used Frija to download the initial Firmware & then get the incremental updates from my group.

Pretty sure that CHMultimedia has the same files on his site.

If you didn't see it, you also REALLY SHOULD download the latest Canadian Firmware for your device & Carrier to your computer. You'll eventually need it to get back to the Canadian stream & also if something goes wrong, you'll want to have it already downloaded.

Be advised that at some point in the process, you will almost CERTAINLY have to Factory Reset, so have a recent Backup! 

Parseneault76
Active Level 6
Galaxy S

Hello, How can I flash the US betas? How this is work?

Thanks

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Essentially you have to download the US NON Beta Firmware to your computer initially & Flash it with Patched Odin.

You should also download the latest version of the Canadian Firmware to your computer, because you'll need it later on when One UI V4.0 Stable is released in Canada, or if you have trouble. 

Then you normally download the US Beta Firmware to your phone & Flash file stored on the external sd card from Recovery.

But since the S21 Ultra doesn't have an external sd card, you'll have to use your computer to "Flash" the files with adb install.

You also have to "flash" the Beta updates in the correct sequence. 

Currently the US is on Beta 3.

As @Geico said, @CHMultimedia had posted links, but I don't know if they are still there? 

You really need to know what you are doing & know how to get yourself out of trouble if you find yourself in trouble. 

One UI V4.0 for the S21 phones is likely to be available in a month or so, so it's up to you to decide if you want to bother with the Betas. 

Parseneault76
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I have note 20 Ultra. So can flash on my external SD. Will think if I'll do it or not. Stable will come in 2 months on Note 20
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Easy answer, there's no US One UI Beta V4.0 for the Note 20 Ultra yet for you to Flash.

When Stable arrives for the S20 Ultra & Note 20 Ultra... MAYBE & VERY BIG MAYBE before the end of the year.

More likely, January sometime. 

LemonCurdd
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
Makes sense honestly, Samsung support in Canada is absolute garbage.
Geico
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Scroll down through the posts and you'll see there's a post made by Chmultimedia and there's a guide on how to flash yourself.
0 Likes
Senbo
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I haven't been able to get the zip folders to download as yet and I've tried multiple times already
0 Likes
Geico
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
I'd contact chmultimedia on his website.
Kannafoxes
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
😭 why Samsung
0 Likes