Original topic:

ONE UI 4.0 UPDATE CAUTION! (update)

(Topic created on: 12-06-2021 04:52 PM)
Tohkachi
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
After updating my S21 Ultra, some settings caused the System UI to crash repeatedly in a loop until the device forces a restart. Be careful! What caused mine was the Lockscreen Shortcuts setting. If there's any others, post here for others to see. 

UPDATE: It seems the latest update near late January has fixed the bugs I've encountered.
0 Likes
10 Comments
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Weird. Had no such bugs on mine
Galaxy S
This definitely is weird. I received, downloaded and installed the One UI4 update on my S21 Ultra this morning and did not experience any system bugs or crashes.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Definitely not normal, and unlikely to be caused by the update itself. 

Some 3rd party apps which have modified the UI, ie: some Custom Themes, may cause the device to boot up with "system ui has stopped", But this normally will only happen if the Custom Theme was active when you applied the Android version update. 

This type of issue can be rectified with adb or worst case scenario, a Factory Reset. 

Bootloops can also be caused by SOME other 3rd party apps, but again rarely & typically only with an Android version update. 

Reynaud
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, Thanks for the heads-up. You can reachout to us if you have any issues.

0 Likes
jrh1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

update to my Samsung S20 that included ONE UI 4.0 Home causing "One UI keeps stopping"

How do I fix it,.... or is Samsung going to push a fix?

0 Likes
GrimOak
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I'm having no issues with OneUI 4
0 Likes
Members_sm193xy
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I did the update 3 days ago, now my S21 ultra several apps keeps crashing, on fb cannot open the links. Did anyone found a solution for this issue.  ? 

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You can do whatever you want, but after an Android version update, I ALWAYS backup my phone with smart switch & Factory Reset. 

Never had any issues with this procedure. 

Having said that, it's already been reported that there's still some bugs in the One UI V4.0 update, which should likely be resolved in the next update. 

0 Likes
DiogoPM
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I just updaded my Galaxy S10+ and now there´s some kind of balloon floating on my screen (Letter T inside a green balloon), i cant remove it, tried holding the balloon and searched on the settings but nothing worked.

Am i the only one with this problem?

0 Likes