Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

One UI 4 and Google Play Store

(Topic created on: 01-15-2022 05:05 AM)
Tao77
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
So I have installed the update to Android 12 and have noticed that an update to Chrome cannot install, I get an error. 

I am also not able to download Google Docs, Sheets and Slides but was able to download Google One and Photos.

Not sure what this means as I thought when I received the update, the issues with the Play Store had been resolved. Any help for this is appreciated.
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S
Hi Tao77, I suggest you to perform a clear app cache for both the applications and get back to us with the results.
Clearing the app cache is kind of like a cleanse for your apps.
It will get rid of residual files that could be slowing down the app.

From Settings, swipe to and tap Apps. Select the app you want to clear. Tap Storage, and then tap Clear cache.

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Comments
overide2
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Hello, what's the error? Also, which phone are you using?
0 Likes
Tao77
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
S21 is my phone. Chrome says couldn't update. Google Docs says couldn't install
0 Likes
Solution
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S
Hi Tao77, I suggest you to perform a clear app cache for both the applications and get back to us with the results.
Clearing the app cache is kind of like a cleanse for your apps.
It will get rid of residual files that could be slowing down the app.

From Settings, swipe to and tap Apps. Select the app you want to clear. Tap Storage, and then tap Clear cache.
0 Likes
Tao77
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Thanks, I have reset cache on playstore and Chrome and am still getting the same error, can't update and still cannot install docs. Hoping I do not have to do a full phone reset but will if I have to
0 Likes
Tao77
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Reset my phone and everything works again and the problems I mentioned earlier are corrected. Thanks to Samsung Cloud, I have everything back!
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Tao77, Glad that you found a solution. If you found a solution to your query please take the time to accept the comment that you find helpful as a solution by clicking on 3 dots and tap on "Accept as Solution" and help others with the same query.

0 Likes
Tao77
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Sorry to say that I was mistaken, while Chrome did update, I am still unable to download Google Docs from the Play Store. I'm at a loss, have tried wiping cache and data and resetting my phone. I'm going to just use One Drive and Office for now, maybe another update corrects this problem
0 Likes
Tao77
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Reset phone again and am now able to download Google Docs
0 Likes