One UI 6.1 AOD downgrade

(Topic created on: 04-26-2024 02:40 AM)
qwer123
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Subject: Feature Request for Lockstar Update on the S24 Series

Dear Product Development Team,

I am writing to request that the Lockstar update, which is currently exclusive to the S23 series running One UI 6.1, be extended to the S24 series as well. While I understand the decision to adopt a full Apple-like Always-on Display (AOD) with One UI 6.1, I believe this change has resulted in a downgrade in terms of AOD features.

Specifically, the new AOD lacks the ability to use emojis or gallery images as the background, and it also removes the convenient media controls that were previously accessible from the AOD. These features were highly valued by users and contributed to the overall user experience of Samsung devices.

I kindly request that the S24 series be equipped with the option to revert to the previous AOD design, which offered greater customization and functionality. This would allow users to enjoy the benefits of the Lockstar update without sacrificing the beloved AOD features that were present in earlier versions of One UI.

Thank you for considering this request. I believe that implementing this change would enhance the user experience and maintain the high standards that Samsung is known for.

9 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

This is what LockStar looks like on my S23 Ultra One UI V6.1. 

So I don't know what you mean? They look pretty much the same. 

Screenshot_20240426_055744.jpg

0 Likes
qwer123
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
The S24 series only offers one option, which lacks the Always-On Display (AOD) feature. This is a point of contention for me.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Is the screen shot you posted, from your S24 series?

I'm not sure if I understand, looking at the screen shot you posted, maybe I need another coffee, but the your screen shot shows AOD Brightness, same as my S23 Ultra One UI V6.1?

Screenshot_20240426_062108.jpg

0 Likes
qwer123
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Yes this is the ss from the s23 ultra but my complaint is they won't bring that same lockstar update to the s24 series, your locked with apples AOD, the s23 series got back the same features on AOD with lockstar meaning meaning able to individual costimize lockscreen and AOD, while with s24 series the AOD is basically apple like dimmer lockscreen with show wallpaper hide wallpaper opition you don't personalize, costimize the brightness of AOD, control media playback, acess widget and being able to add emjois or gallery. It's weird the s23 series got the lockstar update but the s24 series is still stuck with 1 screen.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

If you have the S24 series, a screen shot from it would have been more helpful. 

0 Likes
qwer123
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
That the only 1 opition even after the lockstar update on the s24 series looks like the s24 series won't get that update and only pre existing devices will get this. 1714162337799_1714162337775_0.jpg
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

What is the version number of LockStar on your S24 device?

Screenshot_20240426_163202_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
qwer123
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
That's also my version and the same on the s23 ultra but for some reason it didn't come to the s24 series the AOD opition which means they will continue to stick with apples AOD approach and not bring the samsung AOD back to s24 series and Future upcoming s series phones, I hate the fact samsung copied apple in the wrong area. 1714165666511_1714165666500_0.jpg
0 Likes
YadavG
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
In my s22, ultra got nothing like this. The last security update is from feb 02 2024.l🫠🫠🫠
0 Likes