Original topic:

OneUI 1.1 and 1.0 for Wearables

(Topic created on: 02-21-2019 08:11 AM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
The new S10 series (and the Fold,  which will be released in Canada according to MobileSyrup) come with OneUI 1.1/Experience 10.1. The most important change is... Bixby being remappable without third-party apps. There's a handful of other changes too. I am hoping to see OneUI 1.1 released to the S8, S9, Note8 and Note9 devices, because it would be ridiculous to have to wait for Android Q next year to get this crucial feature people have been asking since the S8.

I am also hoping to see the OneUI of the Watch Active being released for the pricier Galaxy Watch.

So I am asking: Will we get the update?
8 Comments
Galaxy S
I would hope that at some point this year they'll be an update to give us the new OneUI and some of it's new features.
0 Likes
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Lol, you know for a fact that the S8 and Note 8 will be left forgotten on One UI 1.0, and the S9 and Note 9 won't get another One UI update until next year with Android Q.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Maybe things have changed. Hence my question. Because it would be unnerving to know that your pricy new device will have to wait two years to get what next year's device will get (referring to the S9)
0 Likes
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I know Samsung, they pulled the same BS when the S6 got Nougat but it wasn't Samsung experience so it ended its life on Grace UX... And S7 users had to wait until Oreo to get Samsung experience for example.
0 Likes
zarcon
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
suppose to come out in March
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
No I am not talking about the Pie update. I am talking about OneUI 1.1 update. The S9 and Note9 are now running OneUI 1.0
0 Likes
zarcon
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
have no idea then I have the 8+
0 Likes
IBGS20U
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Yeah, I'm hoping for the same. The new S10 line also comes with improved AR emoji. Hopefully they will bring it to S9 and other "older" models through a security update and we won't have to wait until android Q to get these features.
0 Likes