Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

OneUI random password request frequency is annoying

(Topic created on: 05-22-2021 08:47 AM)
dulber
Options
Galaxy S
So I've set-up biometric unlock on an S21 Ultra. I used to have face unlock but changed to fingerprints after it kept asking for the password every 12hrs or so. Now with fingerprints it keeps asking for password not just every 12hrs but about 4hrs or so randomly. And I have a work profile and secure folder! So I get challenged for three different complex passwords every time! It is so secure it's already interfering with availability. Why can't you just give the user the option to set the **bleep** challenge reset period!!! This has been the same **bleep***t with the Note 10 and 20. I can't remember on the S9 and Note 9. 
4 Comments
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy S

Hey there! Good day! As with your concern, is your device up-to-date with the lastest software? Initially check whether your device and its apps are up-to-date. If updated, check settings with regards to security passwords. Also, try to clear cache partition of your device and/or reset settings. If there seems to be no problem with your device/app's software, we suggest you to reach out to our technical experts via our TOLL-FREE HOTLINES:

MOBILE: #GALAXY (#425299)

LANDLINE: PLDT Toll free : 1-800-10-726-7864
Globe Toll Free : 1-800-8-726-7864
Standard Landline : (02)8-422-2111
Daily (8:00 AM to 8:00 PM)

or via LIVE CHAT SUPPORT: https://livechat.support.samsung.com/Customer_new/PH

Hoping that your concern be addressed and resolved soonest. Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Thank you. Stay safe. :)

Galaxy S
Thanks. Everything is updated. I doubt clearing cache partition will affect anything. It's an inherent random behavior of the security script when biometric is used. I suppose what I need is to request the random passwords request be instead an option set by the user.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Just got hit by the challenge 4 times today. This is seriously **bleep** up. Can't the system realize it already went through the challenge? Raising a ticket for this supremely annoying function.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I found the answer. It's a security policy of Android being triggered by Nova Launcher gesture screen lock feature. I had to give Nova Launcher device admin privileges to do the screen lock gesture. That triggered the security policy to ask password everytime. Appears to be taken as standard since IOS does the same thing. Until the next anti-trust case I suppose.