Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Permission request alignment bug in UI

(Topic created on: 02-16-2022 10:28 AM)
E2674
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Just want to share this as I have noticed that it's still present in the current software I am running on my S21 Ultra. I am currently running Android 12 - One UI 4 with the February patch update. 

I have noticed this bug after the January update — just a security patch as well. This happens with every application, regardless if it's a system app or third-party app, that triggers a permission request. The prompt isn't aligned.

When I first noticed it a month ago, I had sent a bug report through here in the Samsung Members app, after doing the troubleshooting steps that I know:

• Changed the screen zoom from the middle to one level lower (to the left) and vice versa
• Restarted the device, same issue
• Booted into safe mode, same issue
• Cleared cache from the recovery mode

See the sample screenshot below..

0 Likes
4 Comments
Galaxy S
yung issue ko din sa laggy refresh rate seems to be persisting pa rin after the feb update. Napapaisip na ko if magpapakaloyal pa ba ko😂
hope this things will get fixed via software updates lalo out of warranty na device ko.
0 Likes
rr04
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Same. Kakainis ganyan din sakin after ng update nag fframe drop screen ko lalo na pag nilalaro ko genshin. Ngayon lang nagyari after ng update
0 Likes
E2674
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Hmm. Di ko pa na-experience yung refresh rate lag pero may mga nababasa ako na ang quick fix ng iba is to turn of AOD muna habang wala pa official fix from Samsung? not entirely sure if that will work on everyone but I believe it's worth a try. Sa games naman, I only play CODM with the highest possible graphics settings. Nakatutok lang fan lagi pag naglalaro ako para di uminit ng sobra — no frame drops naman since then..

Ang routine/practice ko whenever having a software update:

• If it's a major OS update: nag-fafactory reset ako lagi. Backed up everything through Smartswitch pero messages and photos/videos lang nirerestore ko after

• For security patches, nag wiwipe lang ako ng cache sa recovery mode

But yeah, hoping that these bugs will have a fix with the One UI 4.1 update soon..
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I thought also that it was the AOD, the culprit of the rfr lag so I suggested it then to other users to turn it off, but it was actually when you unlock the phone directly from a black screen(not turning on the display first) that triggers the laggy ui.
But someone also experienced it kahit walang lock yung device nya, just swipe to open 🤔

Been doing also the same practice, wipe cache for minor updates and factory reset for major updates.
0 Likes