Original topic:

Phone Call Recorder in Samsung Native Phone Calling App

(Topic created on: 06-15-2021 04:04 PM)
Jasubhai
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Hi,

Is there a way to request Samsung to provide call recording feature in it's native phone dialer app. It's already doing so in number of places. https://www.androidbeat.com/2021/04/how-record-calls-samsung-galaxy-s21-plus-ultra/

Is there a way to collectively ask Samsung for it?

Call recording by anyone in the call is legal in Canada https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-46/section-183.1.html 

In this you can be the other person.

It's a very useful feature - as it is a auto note taker. You do not have to worry about taking notes & just focus on the call. All the more critical if you are mobile or driving.

This is all the more necessary, as third party call recording apps no longer have the permission from the Android OS to record Bluetooth calls, or access the contact list to assign a call to a particular contact.

17 Comments
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, thank you for taking the time to share your suggestion with us. We are taking this as feedback.

Majicreiki
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Thank you. Could we get any feedback on this topic of interest and any plans to develop and implement options, or reasons why it is not available? 

0 Likes
Jasubhai
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Thank You Georgine. I really hope the feature is activated. I hate backdoor hacks.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You could probably have suggested using a trained parrot to memorise your phone conversation, & got the same "we are taking this as feedback" lol 😂 

Jasubhai
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
What version of Android are you on?
0 Likes
FrankBT
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
It is locked here too and it seem to depend on CSC code, and I suspect it is set by the cell phone provider. I buyed my A52 from Fizz. Where did you buy your phones?
0 Likes
FrankBT
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Beware that all the fix I've found imply to reflash your device and/or root your phone. I don't recommend any of these fix as you can brick your phone, wipe all data and/or lose access to some functionality
0 Likes
Ja55ie
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
This should be added? according to section 184 of the criminal code. Therefore, in Canada, recording private conversations is legal provided one of the participants consents to the recording.
0 Likes