Original topic:

Phones

(Topic created on: 09-27-2021 05:30 PM)
Jaybird11
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Hello community. I currently have the S9. I'm debating on whether I should purchase a S21, or wait for the S22. What are everyone's thoughts?
TIA
13 Comments
JJama
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
The choice is yours.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Do you use the external sd card? 

S21 doesn't have the external sd card slot.

Maybe Samsung will bring it back with the S22?

You could also look at the S20 Ultra & probably get a great deal on one.

Really depends on what you want & your budget. 

Jaybird11
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I do use the external SD card & love that feature. I've read that they may be bringing it back for the S22 as well as the aux input!
0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Neither of those are coming back
Jaybird11
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Well that's unfortunate
0 Likes
Galaxy S
If you decide to upgrade, go for it. I recently upgraded from the S9 to the S21 Ultra and find this phone is stronger and faster. I am not at all disappointed there is no SD card slot on the S21. The phone memory is just enough for my usage. I have my S21 customized to the way I like it with games, apps, ringtones, etc.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

For me the external sd card isn't just about the storage. It's the ability to backup your device, images, documents etc, without having to use your computer, or cloud storage.

Maybe the external sd card slot won't be brought back on the S22, and if it isn't, then I'll keep my S20 Ultra & start looking at other options. 

garageninja
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I don't know how else to say this but the screen quality of the s9 is better than the s10 and s21 ultra. I think they must have used a particular material and that the s9 was "a special project" everything from the milkyway galaxy on the lock screen to its very compact frame the s9 also looks more polished due perhaps to its slightly smaller size. If you bring the s9 in a dark room with the other phone and put them side by side then open the same white page on both of them, you'll see that the "white" of the s21 ultra suddenly appears brown compared to the lucid white of the s9. But if you want a much bigger screen, a few more features and faster speed then get the s21 ultra
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
I did notice the quality being better on s9 vs my base s21 also. Darker greys on S9 whereas s21 has slightly greenish tones