Original topic:

PIN not working

(Topic created on: 04-16-2021 05:05 AM)
mellemel
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Ever since software update I can't use my phones PIN to open from the lockscreen. It keeps reading incorrect PIN, but I never changed it. Anyone else have this issue? Any advice on how to fix it?
Thx
0 Likes
3 Comments
Galaxy S
The only way I know is...

Login to https://findmymobile.samsung.com

Use remote unlock on your phone. Once your phone unlock, chenge your PIN.

But you need to have Find my mobile enabled before.
0 Likes
mellemel
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Oh perfect! I will try that. Thank you!
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, Please try the suggestion provided by Tallman. However, you can also try to perform a device reset from the Recovery menu: You can try resetting your device from the Recovery menu. However, doing so will completely wipe your phone data. Additionally, it will trigger Google Device Protection which requires you to log into your Google account to reactivate the phone. Make sure you know all of your Google account information written down (if needed, you can reset your Google password from a computer). To perform a hard reset, first, make sure your phone is off. The second step will vary depending on if your device has a Bixby key or Side key:

Devices with a Bixby key: Press and hold the Bixby, Volume Up, and Power key simultaneously. Devices without a Side key: Press and hold the Volume up and Side key simultaneously.

Next, release the keys when you see the Samsung logo. A blue screen will display. Then, wait until the Android Recovery menu appears. It has a black background with different colored text. Press the Volume Up or Volume down key to move the cursor. Highlight Wipe data/factory reset and then press the Power key or Side key to select it. Highlight Factory Data Reset, and then press the Power key or Side key. Press the Volume Up or Volume down key to highlight Reboot system now, and then press the Power key or Side key to select it. The phone will now reset itself. You will be asked to go through the initial setup. You may be required to enter your Google account information if Google Device Protection is activated.

0 Likes