Pink vertical line appeared on my S20+

(Topic created on: 06-03-2022 08:42 PM)
NicholasTChen
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Greetings,
Good day to all. 

Today on 3rd of June, a pink vertical line suddenly appeared on my S20+ screen.
The phone is only 1 year and 9 months old.
After i did some research i found out that there are several reports of the same issues just recently and of the same model! Their reports stated that the pink line appeared briefly after the latest update. 
Some brought their phone to Samsung service center and were told that they will be charged for changing the screen which i find it unacceptable. 
This is obviously Samsung's fault and is their responsibility to fix this issue. It's no coincidence all S20+ are having the same problem currently. 

Samsung please make a statement soon!

Regards
3 Comments
KJ26
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I hate to point out this fact again over here but but this is Samsung's (Malaysia) very poor and very unacceptable attitude towards us users (you and i arent the only ones who have encountered the same response /attitude when dealing with samsung). I hope someone who's of influence at Samsung would see this post and do smtg to improve this sort of poor attitude when it comes to the breakdown of their phones due to design defects or manufacturing defects!

P.s. I've been using Samsung ever since my 1st smartphone but my current note 20 ultra is my last samsung phone due to the above mentioned poor treatment by Samsung (m).
NicholasTChen
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Update 3/7/2022
The pink line is still on the screen, but another green line popped up just beside the pink line.
I have brought the phone the Samsung authorized service center but they replied me there's nothing i can do other than changing a new screen thay will cost me RM1000. Absurd.
0 Likes
chungcy89
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
If RM1K, it will be a true rip-off
0 Likes