Original topic:

Pink Vertical Line - Samsung S22+

(Topic created on: 04-30-2024 02:38 PM)
gokoulane
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

I wanted to share a recent experience I had with my Samsung S22+. Back in November 2022, after careful consideration, I decided to invest in this flagship mobile. However, just the other day, I encountered an unexpected issue—a pink vertical line suddenly appeared on the screen.

Now, I take good care of my phone, it's protected by a Spigen Tough Armor case, and there are no signs of physical damage. Assuming it might be a manufacturing defect, I took it to the authorized service centre nearby. They confirmed there was no physical damage but unfortunately, since the phone was out of warranty, they quoted a hefty price of over INR 14,000 to fix it.

Needless to say, this was quite disappointing. I had hoped that investing in a flagship phone would guarantee at least three years of reliable performance. To add to the frustration, both the Samsung Helpline and the WhatsApp Helpline were not very helpful.

Given the steep cost of screen replacement, I find myself in a bit of a bind. If anyone has suggestions or alternative options, I would greatly appreciate the advice. Thanks in advance!

2 Comments
HilmiZaidi
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
ok same thing happen to me just now.. now got very bright pink line on my screen.. fyi i just update my phone yesterday
0 Likes
Faithy86
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I'm from the Philippines and the same thing happened to me. It appears that it is also an issue for other countries as well and it is disappointing that samsung is not doing anything 😕 my s22+ is not even 2 years old.

0 Likes