Original topic:

Plwy Store very slow after latest S21U update

(Topic created on: 03-15-2021 10:08 AM)
DTS
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Not sure if there's a casual relationship but Play Store download is crawling to a stop on my S21U after the latest update.  Neither clearing cache and data in Play Store and Play Services nor rebooting phone helps.  Download from other sites including Galaxy Store is fine  My S10+ on the same wifi network is fine when downloading from Play Store.  Any insight?  Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
17 Comments
DTS
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
And, I already wiped the cache partition when I update. Switching to 5G doesn't help either.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Did you try in Safe Mode ?

If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identity and remove the app that may be causing the problem.

Important: When you exit Safe Mode, some of your customization options (Wallpapers, Themes, Etc.) may be reset to default.

Turning on Safe Mode is as easy as it is safe. First, completely power off the phone. Then, power on the phone and when the Samsung logo appears, press and hold down the Volume Down key. If done correctly, "Safe Mode" will display on the bottom left corner of the screen. If "Safe Mode" does not appear, repeat the steps above.

Once you're in Safe Mode, you can remove the third-party app that is causing issues on your phone.

To exit Safe Mode, simply restart your phone and it will reboot normally.

Note: You can also enter Safe Mode by pressing the Power key, touching and holding the Power off icon, and then touching the Safe Mode icon.

Source : https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

0 Likes
DTS
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Thanks, will try this later after work. That said, Safe Mode will only let me determine if a third-party app is the culprit but not which one, right?
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Right.

0 Likes
DTS
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Thanks!
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Thanks Cassidy.

Hi DTS, I suggest you please try Safe mode as mentioned by Cassidy. Please also check if the application is updated to the latest version.

0 Likes
DTS
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Ok. Thanks!
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

@DTS

IF Safe Mode don't help to resolve the problem,  try to make a wipe cache partition 

Galaxy S21First,

Turn off your phone. •

Then hold down Volume Up and Power button until you see SAMSUNG Galaxy logo on the screen.

• After that select Wipe cache partition. Use Volume buttons to scroll and confirm with the Power button.

• Now go to Yes option.

• At last, choose Reboot system now by using the Power key.

Now your device should work better

0 Likes
DTS
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I did wipe it after the last system update but will sure try it again. It's much less painful than identifying any 3rd party app culprit.