Original topic:

Plwy Store very slow after latest S21U update

(Topic created on: 03-15-2021 11:25 AM)
DTS
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Not sure if there's a casual relationship but Play Store download is crawling to a stop on my S21U after the latest update.  Neither clearing cache and data in Play Store and Play Services nor rebooting phone helps.  Download from other sites including Galaxy Store is fine  My S10+ on the same wifi network is fine when downloading from Play Store.  Any insight?  Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
17 Comments
Galaxy S
You can try:

Open Settings → Apps → Google Play Store → 3 dots on top right → Uninstall updates

Then update playstore again and see if you are still facing the same problem.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

@Tallman,  question for you...he say he clear cache and data ...Doing this is equivalent to uninstalling and reinstalling the app. It erases everything the apps have stored, essentially forcing it to a new state. .

Am i wrong ?

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Is different. Clear cache and data is reset personal settings and software installation temp files. Uninstall updates are roll back to previous version.
DTS
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Thanks both! Haven't tried this option yet and will do.
0 Likes
rgs23
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I think you might wanna check google play system update in setting.
for that go to settings > Biometrics and Security and than click on Google Play system update
If there's an update it will download it and will ask you to restart the device.
it should be march update for system there and February for Google Play system

Screenshot_20210315-151258_Settings_1164.jpg

0 Likes
DTS
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Hi @rgs23, just looked and it says I am up to date, though it is dated Feb 1, 2021. I guess I will try uninstall and reinstall as suggested by @Tallman.
0 Likes
rgs23
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Yeah mine says Feb too but it did update after recent system update, thought this might do the trick. I have s21U and my play store is at good speed for app download and update. if you touch on the Play system update , it will let you check for update.
0 Likes
rgs23
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
also check the play store version and you can force that to update by clicking on version too. see if it's the latest one.
you can check it in play store > settings

Screenshot_20210315-152839_Google Play Store_1169.jpg

0 Likes