Original topic:

pneumonia

(Topic created on: 03-27-2019 01:39 PM)
JessDaMonkeyMomma
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
I currently have a pneumonia so I'm wondering how to create an app to support others in my situation and rest as much as possible Instead of being active! I keep getting notifications to be active but I need rest. I'm on day 6 of pneumonia, I was diagnosed Friday evening (it is now Monday late after noon 4pm) and man oh man, it's been a life changing event. I got an ambulance called Friday at 5am because my right lung was in excruciating pain and I bit the bullet and said call the ambulance! I had a miscarriage earlier in December at 15 weeks pregnant and I didn't even call the ambulance then, for some reason I had a fear of ambulances and thought I was being "dramatic" or an "attention seeker" or even worse, lol, a "whiney hypochondriac" that only "old people" called. ( I love "old people" even the hypochondriac kind hehe).

Anyways I'm 29 and a motherly of two beautiful daughters aged 8 and 4, and I'm even a Medical Office Assistant for 8 years now... long story short I went into the ambulance and seeked professional help in Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada, at Royal Inland Hospital. After a few hours of being there and blood tests and IV fluid they thought it was my gallbladder. Then they brought out the "Big Guns", they heavy duty medical machinery and the amazing surgeons and ER General Practitioners (of course all the nurses, admin, and amazing staff at RIH, even volunteer) and I had an ultrasound, X-ray, and even CT Scan. (I was feeling pretty damn important at this point lol 😆) I was diagnosed with pneumonia!

I have to admit I was terrified and all I wanted at that moment was my Grandma,lol, and kiddos and boyfriend. The pain was excurtiating, it hurt to breathe, walk, use the washroom, lay down... everything!

After 3 days of antibiotics and pain killers I finally have enough energy to call my loved ones and do other things on my phone. I even had a bathe today finally and bruahed my teeth.

I still have the rest of the week to rest (thank god for lazy boyz!!!) and I wanted to make a different side of this app and make sure I relax and rest and heal my body and cure this pneumonia. Also I thought it would be kinda need to have a support discussion for anyone else who has to go through this.

It's funny, the last two days as I felt like I was on my death bed I thought alot about how lucky I am to have antibiotics and access to the medical system, I cant imagine what it would have been like 50+ years ago when you got a pneumonia. I also thought about some actors that passed away from pneumonia like Brittany Murphy and her boyfriend. I couldn't help but wonder if I would be a statistic:(. my heart goes out to all the victims of pneumonia that died, and their family members who woukd have had to suffer with the loss. *KNOCK ON WOOD.... I still haven't faught the pneumonia, but after 4 days of antibiotics and my boyfriend's amazing care I am fesling poaitive and was able to go to the bathroom without having chest pain and shortness of breathe and excurtiating pain wondering if I was going to make it. It was scary and I am happy thay I have energy today and finally had a bath and used the bathroom without all the pain.

Anyways, I'm going to continue to rest and heal my body and fight off this pneumonia. Also I kinda feel in a way its a fighting start to 2017 and how awesome this year's going to be and I'm finding positivity out of it!

So please let me know if I can find a pneumonia option on this app that reminds me to rest and heal and live another day happy and to be the best momma bear ever to my girls!

xoxoxox
8 Comments
Nikkii1990
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
maybe ask facebook instead... wth
AlexD
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy S
Get well soon Jessica!
Jessicacinnamon
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy S
allo
datbananaboi
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
OMG get well soon!
Galaxy S
Get well Jessica!!!
Jessicacinnamon
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy S
es tu la
Firetyper
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
That's very specific. Not likely to happen. This app isn't a support group, just troubleshooting.
0 Likes
vsy
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
0 Likes