Original topic:

post pie blues.

(Topic created on: 02-24-2019 01:34 AM)
Pyrehn
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hello. I am sure many of you are now in the black hole that is the PIE UI update. 

Anyone know how to move the clock in the status bar back to the right..  

Also,  the new "open app" screen. Brutal. I miss the old one. Any chance they'll change it back?  Or is this life now?  It's so much less convenient to have to scroll through all y open apps instead of being able to see them all at once. 

I'm just...  Sad. 
15 Comments
Samesung
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Search the forum. There are multiple posts regarding the simple solution to moving the clock to the right. More than likely they'll have them update Good Lock for navbar customization.
I'm pretty sad too. To date over 85,000 Yemeni children have been killed by our trade partner South of us. They'll never understand the sadness that the Pie update has created. I understand the ever slightest discomfort this has created for many, myself included.
Bing
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
actually for me it's real issue as well. because it's very easy to see new notifications when top left has new icon pop (when pull down notifications are disabled).

It's nice for s10 but I'd like it to be on right side. maybe I'll disable it with good lock when Its ready
Pyrehn
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thank you for the suggestion to search the fourm. However, the additional passive aggressive commentary is super unnecessary. For me it's not really a slight discomfort due to things I do not feel necessary to announce to the entire fourm. For those who are good with technology and can adapt quickly an update with as many changes as this may be fine. But for those who cannot adapt so easily to large changes or in everyday routine it really is a lot to take in at once. Yes, obviously change is necessary as the physical features of a phone chnages, and how user interact with their phone chnages. Your additional commentary was rude, uncalled for, and disrespectful.

If I was super tech savvy yes, I could downgrade my phone. Instead of rolling your eyes at me by saying "you know an android feature/benefit" like I'm an idiot, perhaps some guidance as to how I could do that may be a bit more helpful.

So glad to have asked for a little assistance or reassurance from people who have more knowledge than me to give me a helping hand. Instead I feel belittled by someone who clearly has that experience but, from this, and some of your other comments clearly likes yo make feel dumb for asking.
Galaxy S
+1 🙂🕊
0 Likes
Samesung
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I miss the screen shot and camera shortcuts in the navbar. If this was a real issue then these people complaining can downgrade their phones...you know an Android feature/benefit. The thing is this is a design transition for one hand ergonomics and of course the S10 series devices. Another week and there will be developer apk's on XDA and Reddit with fixes... clock fix is already out as Shaggyskunk has pointed out numerous times.
Galaxy S
+1 👍 🐧
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I'm really happy with One UI & I'd never consider going backwards to Oreo - Oreo wasn't bad or anything - But One UI is just so much better in my opinion 👍
System UI Tuner beta from the Play Store will let you move the clock to the center or right side of the Status Bar & another one of the same Dev's apps will bring back the am/pm to the Status Bar clock.
Android is awesome for so many reasons - Change is a constant in life as well as Android - People need to adapt to change or get left behind - There's many solutions now & and many more being developed 🐧aad74418-edb5-4a5a-8321-d66c6fa2fede.jpg
0 Likes
Pyrehn
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thank you for the reply. I was just checking out the UI tuner. I am a little apprehensive about using it due to the many warnings in the TOC and start up of the app. As I mentioned I'm not super tech savvy and don't want to mess up my phone. It is, for the less advanced user, a little daunting despite all the instructions the Dev has added in.

I do enjoy many of the changes it fixes what a lot of my friends have mentioned they dislike about Oreo, and I agree with Samesung that it is increasing one-handed functionality. And is a roll-over into future devices. I also agree with you that yes change is a constant and yes we need to be able to adapt. However, I chose an Android device to be able to have a bit more flexibility within that change. I suppose I just don't understand why they didn't add the functionality to be able to move the clock to where it works best for the user.

And for the "open app" screen where you can close thw apps why there isn't the option to switch between the side scrolling and the old cascading style, which worked more efficiency for me.

But I'm not a developer. And can't really say how difficult or simple it is to add these functions or the effect that it would have on how the phone operates as a hole.

Again, thank you for the assistance and additional info👍🏻 I appreciate it.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I understand your reservations & I am certainly not criticizing you in any way - I'm fairly certain that Samsung moved the clock to the Left in anticipation of the S10 series with the hole on the right - There simply wouldn't be enough room on the Status Bar on the right hand side with the hole & Data & WiFi icons - You're right though - Samsung should have made the option available to the user for the placement of the clock as the S9 series doesn't have to worry about the hole. There's an OTA update coming (hopefully) on the 26th of February - let's wait & see if there's any fixes for some of the issues 🙂🐧