Original topic:

Prepaid Verizon voicemail on S20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 03-14-2020 02:25 PM)
mfloan
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

I have an S20 Ultra running on a prepaid Verizon plan and I cannot get voicemail.  I spent over an hour on Verizon's tech support line but they could not get it running.  All I get is a recording of "this call cannot be completed as dialed, please try again later."  When I try to install visual voice mail I get a message that the "data network is unavailable."  Verizon says these things happen with new phones.  Well, that's just not acceptable.  I'm sure I could go the third party route with Truecaller or YouMail, but I shouldn't have to do that.  Anyone else having this issue?

0 Likes
5 Comments
mfloan
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I should add that this is an unlocked phone purchased from Samsung, not from Verizon.  They also suggested I upgrade to a post-paid plan but I don't want to double my bill just for voicemail.

0 Likes
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy S

Hi @mfloan, Could you please tell me, where did you purchased your Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra (Place of Purchase) and at which place are you using it. 

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Looks like you might be on the wrong Samsung Members site.. This is the Canadian site & Verizon doesn't operate in Canada. You probably want the US Samsung Members site..
BabesAlook1
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I need to use the best process of communication to optimize my communication with the best 👌 Available services for all of my applications
to work the way they're desigNed to be operating
0 Likes
BabesAlook1
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I'm not in the United States but rather in Western Alberta Canada in Grand Prairie, Alberta ,Canada
0 Likes