Original topic:

Privacy and Ad Customization

(Topic created on: 03-11-2021 12:53 PM)
Doggier
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

Vote with your feet people!

Check out the new ad blocking and ad customization blocking that iPhone is offering.   The fact that facebook is taking legal action to  try and stop them (cuts into their revenue) should be enough to say, "yeah Apple!" 

I've always been a Samsung guy. Right from my very fist smartphone years ago.  But since Samsung isn't opting to follow suit and offer the same protection to its users, I'll have to bite the bullet and move to iPhone.   

Samsung can easily win me back. They just need to offer a similar level of security.  

8 Comments
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Doggier, Security is a central part for Samsung and spent years perfecting the Knox security platform to provide privacy you can trust in an uncertain world filled with looming threats and security breaches. Our mobile devices are designed with defense-grade security from the chip up, so your device is secured by Knox from the moment you first turn it on. Samsung Knox is a leading mobile security solution that provides a secure environment for all Galaxy devices.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Samsung's Knox may be useful, but it doesn't prevent users from doing silly things & it doesn't do anything to block ads. 

Galaxy S
Same as M$ Windows. 😄
Marsover
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
How good can security be if we are being shown ads natively in our own paid for devices, meaning on some level you are selling our data. That doesn't scream security to me
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Of course Samsung is selling your information, just like Google & everyone else 

TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
ya samsung says they care blah blah blah but they don't. samsung says they care about customer experiences. but they don't. samsung only cares about money and profits, that's why their devices over the past few years are getting worse and worse. they now are seriously axing well love features and bombarding us to death with propaganda ads "to pay" for the service. no thanks samsung. samsung is running out of time to earn my busines again.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Knox is Bull*hit if the third party allow tracking. like LastPass app.
report show that LastPass use tracking and send to google and other.
what did Knox do? nothing!
0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
the only thing knox is good for its counting root access