Original topic:

privacy enhancements

(Topic created on: 09-16-2020 05:09 AM)
dom7
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Given the recent announcement by Apple,  will Samsung be introducing enhanced privacy features?   Im thinking about my next phone and Android doesn't do better in this area, I might be buying my first iPhone.
0 Likes
7 Comments
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
i wouldn't take the latest iPhone, if it were given to me completely free! wish you all the best in your decision!
0 Likes
dom7
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
thats what I'm thinking. I feel android has a ways to go to catch up (if they even want to). part of me thinks they don't want to
0 Likes
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
i sorry i meant i will never be an iPhone fan. even with recent Samsung drama. as well there unfair treatment of Canadian customers! despite all the negative. i am a note owner and Samsung makes an amazing note device. kina forced to put up with all the bad. note 10 plus for me still the best device i have ever had. suited all my needs personally and professionally.
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi dom7, Samsung products and services are designed with privacy and security at top of mind. The devices have many features designed to protect your data should your phone be lost, stolen or used without your permission.  Features such as fingerprint, facial and iris authentication are designed to ensure that you, and only you, can access and use your phone. If you want to know more about the Samsung privacy policy you can visit the link below.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/info/privacy/

0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
you already have full control over everything expect samsung bloat.

you can turn off pretty much everything in an app unless its a must like say a camera app using storage.

so i really don't understand your point of more privacy when most of that is up to the user and their choice of apps.
dom7
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I cant control which apps have access to Bluetooth or which have access to browser meta data, etc. Apple is bringing those features in.
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
@vape 🤣
Expect Samsung bloat 👍
This is true!
albiet I think you meant except 🤪🙃👈
0 Likes