Original topic:

Problem with the display

(Topic created on: 09-18-2021 12:05 PM)
Cibi
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Hi 
Can you please help me. Or if someone has this issue. 
My S20 Ultra screen blinks in middle of surfing or typing. For an example when I am typing an email it just blinks quickly and Gmail will say my message has been saved as draft but I did not exit the app. I am still on the typing screen. I don't know why it blinks and give me that message not only in Gmail. When I type something in whatsapp it does the same. 

I thought keyboard problem so I changed to gboard and still screen blinks when I do something. Blinking is not all the time but at times, it's annoying. 

I did reset, I did wipe cache partition, I did repair apps. But still that problem exists. Please help. 
Cibi
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Please help someone. Its doing the same.Screenshot_20210918-141859_Gmail.jpg
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You said that you Factory Reset your phone, right? 

Seems to me then that it's either related to the Messages pop-up, or it's a hardware issue.

If it's something to do with Messages, try this..

Go to Settings >  Apps > Messages & select it, Scroll down until you see "Appear on Top" & Toggle it off.

See if your phone continues with the issue or not.

If not great for now as it's a Samsung problem that they need to fix in the next update.

If it continues to be a problem, then I'd visit a Samsung Service center & ask a technician to check it out.

See the screen shot for where to "don't allow to appear on top". 

Screenshot_20210918-150111_Settings.jpg

Cibi
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I toggled it off which you have mentioned. I will update here if it exists. Thank you
Cibi
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I think it is working okay now. I typed for 1 and half minute it didn't show me message saved as draft. Thank you. Screenshot_20210918-152408_Gmail.jpg
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Well looks like the good news is that it's not hardware, AND it's Samsung's problem. 

I've seen a couple of Samsung's Moderators instruct people to contact their Carrier, but seems to me that it's Samsung's responsibility to get it fixed. The issue occurs with Samsung's Messaging app & Not Google's, at least I've never had any issues with Google Messages creating "blinking" or UI interruptions (that's what's causing your Gmail emails to get saved as drafts, Gmail app THINKS that you exited Gmail app). 

Cibi
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Thank you. 😊
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Cibi, If you found a solution to your query, please take the time to accept the comment that you find helpful as a solution by clicking on 3 dots and tap on "Accept as Solution" and help others with the same query.

0 Likes
Cibi
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I toggled all the permission Off for Messages. And I downloaded Google messages app. Till now it is smooth.
Toxicfire
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Yea the above answer is solving all this nonsense everyone is having
Turn that setting off.

I was having issue in all apps games emails and text just because that 1 setting
NitinB
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
It works. Turning off permissions did work. Hope there would be a disable option. That would be a complete peace of mind.
0 Likes